Sunday, January 25, 2009

Spring Holiday Trip Plan

For bekka students, classes ended on next Monday. Which means I'm basically having my spring break now, until beginning of April.

Yesss, time to travel and clear remaining 15 prefectures. As well as finishing up my travelogue =x

I already had a basic plan on where I wanted to go BUT planning is too troublesome. Since I'm travelling alone and not by tour, I cannot not just hop into the plane and drop myself on a completely new environment, without doing any research.

Technically it is possible if we have the money. But I'm not into that kind of travelling, and I'm afraid of uncertainty, especially on somewhere which I can't speak their language. People have been questioning me on the way I travel since I put pictures of train stations most of the time. As Chris Guillebeau puts it, everyone has their own philosophy of travel.

I have my own too. Mine is try to be less tourist-ish as possible. Sitting in cars driven by local Thai people, taking double deck buses in Singapore while chatting with locals, going to onsen with people staying in the same guest house are the highlights of my trip.

1. Use as little money to travel as many places as possible. That means 30 hours train trip to Sapporo, stuck in Bangkok airport for 8 hours instead of direct flight to Japan, slept in dorm rooms with no heater, night trains/buses......
2. It would be great if I have a local as my 'personal guide'. I know, that sounds selfish. I will be yours if you come to Malaysia so it's a win-win =P
3. Tourist attractions = Crowd, so I try to go there during odd hours or not go at all.
4. I prefer sight-seeing, sceneries than buildings, shopping. Shopping isn't my thing. I like grocery shopping though.
5. I spent most of my money on food. Souvenirs I bought are mostly food too.


Sapporo has nothing much in my opinion. It's like Tokyo. For Hokkaido, half day in Sapporo is enough, I rather spend more time on buses/trains to somewhere further than wandering around/shopping/buying souvenirs in Sapporo city.

Back to my big spring lone budget trip, here's what I'm planning to. After my trip to Niigata (Feb 6-12), I plan to set of to Fukuoka on night bus or Shinkansen around Feb 19.

Fukuoka -> Korea (Busan, Seoul, Incheon) -> China (Qingdao, Shanghai, Guangzhou) -> Hong Kong (no idea where) -> Macau (since it is nearby) -> Taiwan -> Okinawa (just have to go there) -> Kagoshima -> Chugoku region -> Tokyo (beginning of April).

I'm planning to take ferry to Korea (3 hours), to China (16 hours), and to Kagoshima (25 hours OMG). Since I'm kinda green person, I try to fly as little as possible, unless flying is way cheaper. Time is not really a problem, as I still have 60 years ahead to live. As for how long I am staying in that place, it depends on whether I have cheap place to stay, who is willing to accompany me, and how much I know about the place, which needs a lot of researching.

Maybe on my way to conquer other prefectures in Japan, I might be going to watch concerts by:

Monkey Majik (Fukuoka)
Do as infinity
Base Ball Bear
GO!GO!7188
Mr. Children

If everything goes well.

So, anyone wants to show me around their places? I don't really mind anywhere as long as it is somewhere.

PS: I still haven't go to Tokyo Tower, Odaiba, and Disneyland.

Lastly, Happy New Year =D 新年快樂~

No new clothes for me this year. Having steam boat later with a bunch of Chinese.
希望大家过个好年,别吃太多哦(笑)。

blog comments powered by Disqus