Sunday, November 12, 2006

Linda Linda Linda

Album: SE7EN - vol.4 Se7olution, 24 SE7EN



Linda Linda Linda is a japanese movie about 4 high school girls planning to play a gig during school festival. There are alot of problems of course within the band, you know, teenage girls thing. Then the group leader, Kei (guitarist) decided to recruit a korean exchange student (Son) to be the vocalist of the band.

What so interesting about this movie then? Well I've said before I'm not a fan of j-movies (although i watched alot of jdramas), because the pace is very slowwww, and I'm not that used to their shooting style. This movie made me realised the main reason most of the j-movies were filmed that way: To be more realistic. In real life we don't actually talked that much or response that fast (that's what i think), that's why j-movies usually have less dialogue imo (Try Taiyou no Uta, the first sentence came out after 7 mins). Recently there's quite a number of j-movies with music as theme, Taiyou no Uta (YUI YUI YUI~), NANA, Swing Girls, Tokyo Friends the Movie (Otsuka Ai), and the latest gotta be NANA 2. I've watched most of these, however I like Linda x3 the most (sorry YUI-sama T_T ).



Back to the movie, even though it's kinda long (2 full hours), I don't know why, I seemed to have the patience to watch the first half of this movie without skipping or multi-tasking at the same time. Maybe this movie reminded me of my wasted high-school days, when you can just do whatever you like and don't have to worry about anything. Technically I never really did any of those girls did in the movie during my school life, since I'm not that outgoing, can't even play flute well (so feel free to compliment me abit if you think my guitar skills are acceptable now haha), the only thing I'm proud of myself regarding my high school life was joining Tai Chi club for 7 years that's all. You might think the vocalist looked familiar, her name is Bae Doo Na (裴斗娜), think I saw her name before somewhere in chinese paper. The drummer played by Maeda Aki, apparently she's in Battle Royale but I can't recall it at all xD . And the bassist, played by Sekine Shiori, who is the bassist of a band in real life called Base Ball Bear.



It's a screenie from their latest pv, Matsuri no Ato. Cool song, really liked it's arrangements, esp the guitar part, made me wanna play electric guitar now, never really touched one before =/ . Actually it's plain coincidence that I watched this movie. I knew Base Ball Bear beforehand, since the name so weird, plus it's rare to see a female bassist (can't help kept noticing interesting girls, sorry). When I saw the description of this movie I downloaded it straight away hee. So, if you like music, or japanese girls playing instruments in uniform, this might suit you. In the end you'll hum 'Linda Linda Linda~' all the way after watching it.

Lastly, here's another screenie. Fergie visits Japan part 2: This time they censored the f-word when she went to SMAPxSMAP:



The collaboration between Smap and Black Eyed Peas (Smap Eyed Peas) were......painful to watch. Oh this was the 'Oh Smap' version for your info.

blog comments powered by Disqus