Sunday, January 07, 2007

His Master's Voice

Album: 雅 Miyavi - 雅歌-独奏



No I'm not a fan of visual kei. Just this is an acoustic oriented album. It rocks actually lol, especially '自己至上主義者の成れの果て' and 'I Love You さえ聞こえない' (whatever you called it in english lol), I still have the pv in my pc, the guitar playing was MAD. Then out of curious, went to dig some stuff about Miyavi, discovered some interesting stuff of course.

Anyway, I pre-ordered YUI's Rolling Star at HMV Japan, along with Feel My Soul and Tommorow's Way, because they were having sales on YUI's first 2 singles. Nah that's just part of it, since YesAsia's doesn't counted towards Oricon sales, CD Japan's first press (Got free Bleach Sticker) sold OUT!! (imagine that) and Amazon Japan being too expensive, in the end I chose His Master's Voice aka HMV. Hopefully I can get the First Press edition since it's on first come first serve basis. Now left 3 singles to collect haha.

Then I thought, maybe this time YUI can get number one spot. Since I kinda persuaded someone to order it at HMV as well. Apparently not. Alot of BIG name artists gonna release new single on January 17 as well. Here are some of them (If you don't know about them nevermind I just wrote this out of boredom), some of the songs are quite nice actually:

First up, Hirai Ken - Aika (Elegy) 「哀歌/エレジー」



He's back~!! With ballad after his previous poppy cheesy singles, not that I hated it but.....some people said it's Ayumish, yea kinda agree because some parts of the PV definately kinda similar with Ayu's PVs. And for the song, for me it's kinda different with his previous ballads, but I really like it. I was hoping that the cameraman will move the angle lower though.......

Shiina Ringo x Saito Neko + Shiina Junpei - Konoyo no Kagiri



She's doing a duet with his brother!! And a conductor lol, he arranged this song. Shiina Ringo really can compose all kinds of songs, from the previous jazzy one till this, words cannot describe how talented she is. This is a movie theme song if I'm not mistaken, it has the erm you know those songs which appeared in musicals lol. I like that in the pv instead of using the real instrument, they used something elses to represent it. Such as 2 laptops for piano and what not.

EXILE - Lovers Again



It's a R&B song. This one reminds me of Ayumi's (again) No way to say haha.

Crystal Kay - Kitto Eien ni



This is one of the most 'difficult-to-sing' song from her imo. Now I really wanna she her performing this song, whether she can reach all those high notes. Crystal Kay got a big mole near her left armpit, trademark I guess, cooler than tatoo lol. I think she purposely stretch one of her legs out abit so that see the real 'side'of the dress......

GLAY - 100 man kai no KISS



Another typical love song by Glay. 1000000 times of kiss, cheesiness xD

Kimura Kaela - Snowdome



Kaela looks nice with short hair + cute/ weird outfit, always like the way she wears lol. This song is just normal, I forgot how the tune sounds like now......

Lastly, this is not released on 17 though, it'll be released on the next week. I'm pretty sure it'll get no.1.

Mr.Children - FAKE



Since I heard the preview of this song, liked it straight away. I don't know how many times I've been repeating the PV on MPC. Loved the electric guitars~ Both the sound and the ones they're using lol. Mr. Children can rock as well~ I'm loving this veteran band day by day. This PV actually kinda similar with Youthful days imo, with those wicked characters and the colour tone.

I think that's most of the BIG names who's gonna release singles on the same day as YUI, there's Shimatani Hitomi and Younha (woah), and...w-inds. Personally I guess EXILE will get no.1, follow by Hirai Ken, w-inds, or Glay....not sure la. As I was looking at new releases, Kanye West is doing a duet with Teriyaki Boyz??? They are the ones who sang the Tokyo Drift song. Hmm.......

Till then, au revior.

blog comments powered by Disqus