Saturday, December 01, 2007

6 Lessons I have Learnt from Fire Incident

Note: This post has nothing to do with YUI.

This morning, as usual I went for a walk (my running shoes were torn) while listening to Benjamin Franklin's autobiography. It feels great looking at the sunrise, feeling the chilling morning breeze, while praying that those dogs lurking around won't come and attack me...I should fix my shoes soon, at least I can run away lol.

When I returned back home, my mom told me that she had fried banana fritters for breakfast and quickly rushed to work.

As I went inside my house, I smelled something funny, and I went to kitchen. Apparently my mother forgot to turn off the gas and smokes were coming out from wok with lid closed on it.

I quickly turned off the gas and the moment I lifted off the lid, OMG fire blasted off!! Frightened, I quickly threw that lid into the sink and cooled it down with tap water.



Lesson 1: Never open the lid when the wok is overheated.


Then my father started yelling, complaining that my mom shouldn't cook when she's in rush yada yada yada and repeated the same phrase for more than 3 times =.=

Lesson 2: There's no point blaming when something already happened.


That negative vibe/ energy annoyed me, especially on such a beautiful Saturday morning.



Lesson 3: Don't stay near people who possesses negative aura, bad for health. Unless they are your close ones xD

My younger brother, apparently waken up by my 'screams', was kinda shocked seeing such a sight too. Then he remembered that my mom just bought a fire extinguisher recently and looked for it.



Lesson 4: Keep a fire extinguisher even though it is expensive lol.

Equipped with this brand new little thing, my brother put off the fire ^^ I was one of the spectator, it looks fun spraying that thing, and my dad finally stopped ranting.

Lesson 5: Apparently once fire extinguisher opened, it cannot be use any more?
(ooo have to refill)


Left: This is how our kitchen looks like after incident. Right: After cleaning up the mess.

Throughout the whole process I was all hyped up, couldn't stop laughing and my dad was kinda irritated by my behaviour lol (still so happy while your house is on fire). Being a blogger, I thought this can make a great post and started to take pictures, joking around with my brother at the same time.

However, I felt grateful. Luckily that 'blast' of fire didn't hit my face, if not...luckily we bought fire extinguisher, luckily our house was not made from wood...there are so many other good things we can see from different perspective, instead of yelling and blaming. Always look on the bright side people, good for health haha.

Lesson 6: Be grateful.


The main cause of this fire tastes good too, I ended up eating SIX of it LOL.

Now, who's gonna clean up the mess?? And wipe off those dusts flown all over our house? My mom still doesn't know about this (at office).



Hmm and who's gonna buy new wok, new stove, new fire extinguisher??

PS: And I have JLPT test (level 2) tomorrow, this is going to be fun.

Time spent on this post: 1.2 hours.

EDIT: My mother 'forced' us to clean up the kitchen together, luckily I have one good excuse (having test lol), only helped to wipe off blacks stains on the wall, for 15 minutes.

As for JLPT, I kinda screwed up in listening and grammar section. Always think that my listening skill is quite good, maybe dear YUI doesn't use formal languages that much LOL. Ok it is not her fault.

To improve my listening, nowadays I listen to podcasts books digest, particularly business books. Even though I don't understand most of it, at least it will make me feel 'superior', knowing the existence of these books haha.

Till then.

blog comments powered by Disqus