Monday, December 31, 2007

Looking Back Year 2007 - Part 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Misc YUI Facts:

YUI just won Best Voice of Life (Women) for CHE.R.RY and Best Album of Life (CAN'T BUY MY LOVE) in FM Festival's Radio Award in Japan, Life Music 2007.

Check out the nominees and winners. Winners are selected based on the votes from listeners.

YUI's CBML actually beat RADWIMPS 4 (me lurve both albums)...and she beats Angela Aki, ayaka, Cocco...even though they sing better, YUI is more popular lol. Maybe because the fact that she's one of the sensei in SCHOOL OF LOCK, increased her chances to win, since SOL has something to do with this award, heh.

I like this award hella lot more than those on TVs (Grand Prix, Best Artists, MTV...). Maybe it's because most of my fave artists were nominated xD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started to blog more about YUI in the beginning of 2007. I'm not sure exactly why but, seeing all these YUI facts were under appreciated by fans, and people making weird/creepy assumptions kinda 'forced' me to rant it here instead. Gotta thank dear YUI for this, and of course you guys for motivating me to improve myself even more.

Back then I only write for exams, assignments, homework...end. Oh and forums. That's all. I rarely write in my entire life before 20, that's why I have to keep churning out stuff to polish up my mediocre writing skills. Now I try to write 3 posts per week, translate more stuff, and write journal everyday (influenced by YUI).

Here are brief summary on certain big events happened in year 2007. This is to recall back all the great things YUI achieved and for those who just got to know YUI recently.

January 2007
  • YUI, lip synched for the first (and only) time on TV.
  • Release of Rolling star on January 17. Total sales: 169,277 - Highest Ranking: 4 - Yearly Ranking: 35 (as 12/24/2007)
For me, I participated in a YUI Radio contest. Horrible, terrible, vegetable letter though.

February 2007
I attempted to translate lyrics for the first time. It is one of the best way to improve comprehension skill. I rather let the pros do it though, since I have trouble reconstruct sentences in a more artistic way.

March 2007
I received my JLPT Level 3 results, and attempted lyrics translation in Chinese.

April 2007
  • Released CAN'T BUY MY LOVE on April 4. YUI's first ever number 1 in Oricon chart. Total sales: 647,410 - Yearly Ranking: 10 (as 24/12/2007)
  • 2nd Tour Spring & Jump started at Fukuoka on April 13.
I met up with someone I got to know through online for the first time. From that onwards, I've been looking forward to meet all the friends I've made online, someday.

And, YUI no Ontama is hilarious.

May 2007
  • First half of YUI 2nd tour 2007 Spring & Jump ended at Shibuya's C.C. Lemon Hall (May 1). Second half started on May 25 at NHK Osaka Hall.
  • Received April's CDTV Award.
Teo's 6000 words research paper came to an end. Finally I feel like being a real university student.

June 2007
  • YUI completed her 2nd Tour 2007 on June 1. Total 12 shows.
  • Release of first double A-side single, My Generation/Understand on June 13. First number 1 single. Total sales: 135,093 - Highest Ranking: 1 - Yearly Ranking: 52
  • Takeuchi Yuuko become first guest artist of YUI Locks.
My first big translation project: ROCKIN' ON JAPAN interview. Don't worry, it is still going on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My school starts today. I need to do some serious planning so that I won't screw up lol. Particularly on productivity to get things done. I will try to finish part 2 after I come back from school.

Happy New Year's Eve!!

PS: This post was written because the author was waken up by some horny cats at 1 am.

blog comments powered by Disqus