Saturday, November 08, 2008

First Ever Concert in Waseda

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Misc Announcements:

I just forked out 30,000 yen to buy YUI goods, ordered by those who already paid their deposit of RM 40 or SGD 20.

For those who are interested in ordering YUI 3rd tour goods, remember that the cut off date will be Nov 10, and all the deposits must be collected before Nov 12.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Entrance of Toyama Campus, Waseda University

When I first found out that Chatmonchy is coming to Waseda Festival, I was extremely excited.

However, I was one day late. The tickets were already sold out by the time I figured out how to buy it. My only solution at that time: Yahoo Auction (Even though YUI said that we shouldn't buy from that website).

In the end, a 2,000 yen ticket, I bought it for 5,505 yen. Every time someone overbid me, I was contemplating whether this would be my final offer or not. From 4k, to 5k, then ended up 5k more.

I'm glad that I bought it though, really. It is not often that your favourite artist comes to your school, so no matter what, must go.

The concert started at 2 pm, November 3. It was the second day of Waseda Festival. Before that, I went to see Reina's (another cute YUI fan) dance performance.

Unlike Malaysia, in Japan, concerts start right on time. That's why I always wait until the last minute then enter the venue. I HATE to wait. Plus, being alone, I can always sneak into somewhere in front if I want to. So I went to the toilet, and walked towards the stage slowly. My ticket was at Block A, front block.

I was on time =P

After the Sokei match incident, I decided to wear more layer of clothes than I needed whenever I'm going out for a long period of time.

Concerts = Hot

Hence I took off my YUI hoodie and stuffed in my backpack. I brought bento as well, and my bag got really big. How to watch concert with a big backpack on your back? So I put it in front of my knees.

Suddenly the screen showed Waseda school song. As a loyal student, I raised my hand and 'pretended' to sing (because I haven't memorise the lyrics). It was kinda embarrassing, because not everyone is Waseda students.

Then halfway through the school anthem, Chatmonchy came out and did our signatured hand gestures when singing school song. That was a good move, impressing us Waseda students XD

First song, Hira hira hiraku himitsu no tobira. Disaster came.

Everyone got really excited and started to move towards the stage. I was pushed down, and tried really hard to protect my precious backpack, and my mp3 player (aka recorder) dropped during the mess. It was really scary, for once I thought the possibility of me being stepped until dead or something.

Chatmonchy had to stop performing and they returned to backstage. Thank god.



The staff had to ask us to move back numerous times, and people were passing their belongings to the staff at front. I decided to put my bag at the other corner, didn't care that it will be stolen or anything, since I'm in Japan, not Malaysia, where we have to look after our stuff all the time.

When Chatmonchy returned back, Ecchan said something really touching. She asked us to show some consideration to the people in our left, right, front, behind, and enjoy the concert. I think everyone followed what she said. No pushing or body touching when the concert continued. Relieved. Sometimes I'm quite Japanese, because I don't feel like being pushed by unknown people, how can that be an enjoyable live experience if someone kept pushing you? And you always have to be careful so that you won't get pushed down by others.

Luckily I was in Japan, luckily it was Chatmonchy. Luckily Ecchan said something like that. That reminds me of Switchfoot concert I attended in Malaysia. I was in the front row hence I could hang on the barrier whenever someone pushed from the back, I wonder what will happen if I was in the middle of the crowd......

Set List:

01. Hira Hira Hiraku Himitsu no Tobira *CRAZY*
02. Hana no Yume
03. Koi no Kemuri
04. Tsumasaki
--MC1
05. Oya Shirazu
06. Donaru, Denwa, Doshaburi
07. Sayonara Good bye
08. Renai Spirits
--MC2
09. Mayonaka Yuuenchi
10. Tobi Uo no Butterfly
11. Bus Romance
--MC3
12. Somaru Yo *LOVE*
13. Sekai ga Owaru Yoru ni
--MC4
14. Saraba Seishun
15. Toukyou Hachimitsu Orchestra
16. Kaze Fukeba Koi
Encore
17. Shangrila

During the MC, Chatmonchy was saying that they wanted to visit the booths in Waseda Festival but they were surprised that there were nothing in Toyama Campus lol so sad. The booths were at Waseda Campus, somewhere 10 minutes away. Luckily the student staff brought a bunch of food for them to try out.

Halfway through the concert, I started to get very tired, no more energy to jump and wave hands lol (old woman). At first I could see Ecchan clearly, after that someone blocked my view and I had to switch my focus to Akko instead. Luckily Japanese are not that tall =x


Akko gave away all her and Ecchan picks at the end of concert. "This is Chatmonchy Eriko's pick." Someone in mixi got it. Akko said that Ecchan doesn't know how to throw picks, so she helped Ecchan, reminds me of YUI lol.

Thanks to the happening incident in the beginning, I had my own space to do jumping and stuff without bumping into each other (That explains why why I was tired even before the concert ends).

I wonder why Ecchan has to change her guitar so frequent, like every 1-2 songs, 2 Teles, 2 Gibsons. It kinda interrupted the flow of the concert. Ecchan uses a lot of weird chords, or maybe my guitar chord knowledge is too limited. Just like the previous GO!GO!7188 concert, at first the audience was screaming here and there, after a while, no more name calling. Guess they were tired, just like me haha.

I first heard Chatmonchy when they released Shangrila, got interested (guitar playing girl), Hana no Yume rocks, and yeah. Before the concert I watched Top Runner and I was really touched, even though Ecchan's outfit in Budoukan was a bit, ahem. And her recent hairstyle. Maybe she is going towards rock-ish side, I still like her haha.



Time to practise guitar.

Reports of this concert by Mezamashi TV can be found in YouTube.

Lesson learned: Don't go to a concert with empty stomach, and better, don't bring anything.

blog comments powered by Disqus