Monday, November 24, 2008

SPEED is back! Artists sight-seeing

I just came back from Iwate prefecture (Miyako) for a three day trip. First time staying with a bunch of Japanese students, only me the only gaijin. I got to see the snow for the very first time when the night bus stopped at Morioka (prefecture capital) service area ;D


Around 5 in the morning.

The trip was memorable, REALLY. I have never experienced such coldness in my life before, I will talk about it in next posts.

I have been checking out a bunch of artists in the past few weeks. Since YUI is having her holiday now, gotta find some other things to do, besides exploring Japan, and of course, going to school.

First I went to monobright concert at Akasaka BLITZ. I was surprised to see this guy sitting few metres away from me.


MTV M Size, 10 March 2006

And, I was late for the concert again. Akasaka seems to be an interesting place, TBS is there, I will explore it again when I come here for GO!GO!7188 concert on next month.

Then I met my idol during my teenage days, SPEED at this place.


Tokyo FM Studio at Shibuya PARCO 1

SPEED was there for Tokyo FM's radio show appearance.

If it wasn't for SPEED, I won't get to know J-Pop, study Japanese, discovered YUI, and in Japan right now.

It has been over 5 years since they disbanded.

Even though I'm not that crazy over them as much now, being able to see them again does bring back a lot of good old memories. Reminding myself why am I here now. Hence when I realised that I might get to see them for FREE, I went to Shibuya even though I have to finish my presentation and what not.


November 15, Shibuya PARCO 1. They covered the studio, with a bunch of staff in black suits guarding the place, and people were lining up, waiting for their turn to have a 'peak' inside.

I thought I will be late again for this, luckily I managed to get the lining number. I was the second last person to received the 'peaking pass'. Before SPEED's appearance was Aoyama Thelma, and after SPEED was Orange Range.

Basically, there's no point if you start queuing early in the morning, and if the line gets too long, there is a possibility that you might not get the chance to 'peak' inside.

As it was a live recording, while waiting for our turn, I listened to SPEED's talk in the radio show through my mp3 player. There was this guy standing beside me, he just stood there doing nothing, waiting, so I was thinking of asking him to listen to the radio show together, and took off one side of my earphone.

In the end, I didn't have the courage to ask him. Plus, he was looking at the other side most of time, didn't even turn his head towards my side.

Japanese.

Haha.

Hence my chance of talking to another SPEED fan gone. If it was a girl, I think I might have no problem on chatting up with her =/

That explains why I remained single for 21 years.

Then I thought of writing something on a paper and show SPEED from outside the window. I took out a piece of A4 paper, and wrote "I am from Malaysia" with a ball pen.

After 40 minutes of waiting, MY TURN!


Source: Natalie Music

Takako is really beautiful, I only noticed Hitoe has braces when I saw them, there were like less than 2 metres away.

It was just like seeing them on the TV with close up shots, I think.

Since I was the second last person in line, we got to stare at SPEED till they left (yay). Roughly 10 minutes, being so near to them.

If anyone of you guys know how to steal these two videos, can do me a favour? Steal them?

I still can remember back then I watched their concerts in VCD for more than thousand times XD And memorised all the dance moves, OMG. I don't do this now, not even YUI. Since I couldn't join YUI Fanclub now, I might consider joining SPEED fanclub hee. It was one of my dreams to see their concert, it seemed to be impossible to me back then, but not any more.

Hmm I wonder if I can get to go Ayu's countdown live LOL, I'm not even the member of her fanclub...

YUI been to this studio as well.


YUI - COUNTDOWN JAPAN (060923)

I wonder how will I react when I saw her up close.

Speaking of radio shows, I discovered Perfume Locks when I was listening to Chatmonchy's interview on School of Lock.

They are d.a.m.n hilarious!! Especially A~chan LOL. Perfume just performed in Music Fair together with SPEED, HALCALI and Lil'B, check out the talk part here, really really funny girls talk.

This one is for Chatmonchy and Perfume fans: MediaFire

After listen to this, my opinion on Perfume changed completely. I don't really mind that they lip synch 99% of the time any more haha.

I'll just listen to Chat Locks and Perfume Locks since no more YUI Locks =P

This Friday I'm going to see Shiina Ringo sama at Saitama Super Arena. My first ever arena concert, hopefully I'll reach there on time.

Btw, I think my message on that A4 paper to SPEED failed to get through them because I used ball pen, the writing was too thin to be seen. Help me to get those two videos ya =x

blog comments powered by Disqus