Monday, December 01, 2008

My First Ever Arena Concert

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Misc Announcements:

It's already over November 25, and I still haven't receive any news from Lawson regarding our YUI 3rd Tour Goods......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Last Friday I went to Saitama prefecture (above Tokyo) for the very first time to see Shiina Ringo sama.

Must put sama (様) because me respect her as a singer songwriter, guitarist, artist, whatever. Even her wiki entry sounds so impressive, can play so many instruments O_O Rejected contract from Yamaha and 'quarrel' with EMI *respect*

Speaking of wikipedia, can someone please edit YUI's wiki entry? It's YUI, not Yui. Plus, revealing her real name is not nice. We should ask the person who edited Ringo's wiki to write for YUI's instead.

Back to Ringo sama. I've been a big fan of hers ever since I listened to her second album, Shouso Strip. Though I don't really understand her lyrics (too difficult), I've been enjoying her various works and collaborations.

I just remembered that she once collaborated with Utada Hikaru XD

And YUI once sang along Marunouchi Sadistic in YUI LOCKS.

She is someone you wished you could be, someone you look up to, someone who lead an interesting life. Even though I cannot remember most of the title of her songs.


Crazy amount of people were lining up to buy goods. Not me, I am not patient enough.

I am just a casual fan, but I really respect her as a musician, and the fact that she quitted smoking. The few things I really don't like about Japan will be tobacco and excessive drinking.

So I paid 8810 yen (most expensive one so far) for the ticket of her 10th anniversary live, and hoping to have a blast in my first ever arena concert.

Sometimes it is better to have less expectations. I actually fell asleep a couple of times during the concert.

WHY?

The arena was freaking huge.

I was far away from the stage, though I moved further front under the staff's instruction, still very far. My seat was located at some awkward place, I couldn't even see the screen clearly. I don't know if it is intentional for the director to show weird angles and stuff on the screen, I couldn't really tell what clothes Ringo san was wearing, which guitar she was using, forget about her facial expression.

And, Ringo sama didn't really try to interact with the audience, nor introduced her band/orchestra. Nothing really flashy. I think she spoke less than 10 lines, it was really a concert.

I was kinda tired, so I slept instead, and got kinda tulan (pissed), I rather watch her concert DVD at home than paying 8810 yen for this.

The moral of the story is: Buy a good binocular, check your seat before going, and don't go to concerts when you are sleepy.


Ringo sama uses Red Tele too!!

But, people sitting around me were excited and all even after the concert finished. Kept saying sugoii and all. I guess it was just me.

I remained seated throughout the whole concert, so did the people sitting beside me. I actually said konnnichiwa (Hi) to people sitting beside me, they were kinda surprised when I did that, and replied konnnichiwa, END.

I was not going to give up, so I found another timing and asked whether if this was her first Ringo concert. First time too.

Enough practice for the day. Next time, two questions.

Good parts of this concert:

- She sang most of the songs with original/similar arrangements. She sang GIPS, Honnou, kabukichou no joou, my FAVEs.

Part of the lyrics of kabukichou no joou:

Coming out of the east exit at JR (Japan Railway) Shinjuku Station,
that’s my courtyard, the Entertainment Kingdom Kabuki-cho.


Kabuki-cho is really located near the east exit of Shinjuku station LOL *Random discovery*

- Orchestra was cool, I didn't even know if I was listening to CD or not.
- Ringo's biography was narrated by her 7 year old son. I was completely awake when that little boy voice said:" Thank you for coming to my mom's.....*awake* WHAT?!!?
- Her dance moves were cute.
- Being in the same place with Ringo sama.

And this time, I was not alone, technically.



I sent a message to this girl when she was asking who would want to go to Ringo sama's concert with her in mixi. And tada, we were in Saizeriya (family restaurant). She bought ticket for premium seats (20000 yen *pukes*), we just met up before the concert and chat a bit.

She likes Fahrenheit (飛輪海) lol.

Now I shall find someone using the same method for GO!GO!7188 and Orange Range concert...

Really looking forward to the release of this concert DVD next year. Gotta watch this DVD in detail, since I missed out a lot.

Happy 10th anniversary, Ringo sama.


Everyone who bought 8000 yen ticket gets this so called お土産 (souvenir). To me, they were just rubbish, marketing gimmick. Whoever wants it, do tell me (except the CD and magazine).

I bought ILY limited edition from Tower Records the other day, wanted to get poster. Since limited edition has 20% discount instead and normal edition no discount, maybe someday I can sell it. They placed that Gekkayo magazine near YUI's corner, once I saw that, I knew that I had to get it......

PS: To members of Electric Mole Forum, I have a (bad) recording for this concert. Email me or something if you guys wanna listen to it.

blog comments powered by Disqus