Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve

December 31st. Someone's birthday. A day which will make you feel like a sore loser if nobody asked you out (Am I talking about myself...?). Anyway, this year is been a pretty exciting, fulfilling year for me, I think. Did alot of things which I wanted or never imagined that I'll do it.

Even though the japanese music scene went downhill this year (see the top 10 bestselling single, *speechless*), and jdoramas were kinda suck, many big shows with big names turned out to be a flop.
However I just watched last episode of Nodame Cantabile, deeply touched by the last scene.........

Listed down some 'remarkable' things I've done this year, to make me feel better, that I didn't wasted that much time on 'stalking people' =x

For the first time: (I'll try to make it chronological lol)

1. Learned guitar. With a professional teacher and what not. Now this had been part of my life I suppose lol, planning to memorise the fretboard soon, soon.


Pening. Still struggling on the barre chords though Zzz.

2. Went to Singapore, alone by train just to bought my lil Iaudio x5L lol.

Stayed in my uncle's house though. And got myself a 'tour guide'.

3. Entered National Service. Bare in mind Malaysia's NS is like high school camping trip. You 'stucked' in a camp thingy with dormitories, attending classes, 'mild' training, doing 'community services' aka shopping and lots of free time. But this was one of my most memorable moments, because.....
- went to Terengganu and Kelantan for the first time.
- stayed with people from different background and different culture for the first time.
- discovered the 'scandalous', 'bitchy', 'promiscuous' side of people.
- made friends with people different races + younger than me, being the so-called big sister (even though only one year difference), kak Teo~ kak Teo~ *swt* It's fun though haha. Because at school I'm the younger one, at there became the older one.
- discovered how fate can be something really great. Never saw/ knew that person before even though stays in the same area, almost had the same background, ended up in the same camp.
- read the most books in a period for the first time, even finished Gone with the wind' which was like 1000+ pages??? Guess I'm pretty bored during NS.
- normal ones such as flying fox, ab-ceilling, marching (endless hours under the sun), 'acting', sms like nobody's business, watch tv like nobody's business, early cold shower for the first time etc etc etc, tons of it.

There are even more bad ones, but we prefer to think about the good ones normally.
1 great >>>>>>>>> 1000+ awful ones

3. Entered University, switched from Science to Arts. One of the most 'important' decision I've made (erm not really literally since I don't have many choices to choose from at the first time lol). I still remember the orientation week. It was like the WORST week of my life. Words cannot describe how torturous that week was. Well it wasn't that BAD after ended though. And the hostel life, everything is 'cool' =P except the freaking internet connection.

4. Learned Japanese formally. Used to pick up words/ sentences here and there, and now really learning it from beginning, especially grammar. Oh and have a japanese teacher for the first time as well hee.

5. Learned French. Not really that proud of it since I almost forgot most of it. It's widely used here and there so I'm kinda glad that I know most of the simple stuff, le la les, monsieur madamme, mon ma mes moi lol.

6. Created a blog, of course. And wrote lots of stupid stuff in it. And a freaking long ass entry which took 3 days to complete.

7. Lastly, celebrated YUI's birhday at some forum (it was crazy actually lol, all of us counted the correct time in Japan and decided to spam her message board at exactly 12 am) along with it's 1st year anniversary and kinda spent Christmas with it as well. I'm pathetic I know.


A very nice aniversary banner made by forum admin Aditz.

That's all I can think of right now. Might update it later lol.

Till then, Happy New Year~

And,



*where should I go to celebrate it then......

blog comments powered by Disqus