Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lost in Translation



SOURCE : oricon STYLE


I wanna watch this thing!!

This is something we should really celebrate. First ever number 1. And 3rd youngest female singer songwriter who is able to top Oricon chart, behind Utada Hikaru and Avril Lavigne.

I used to care about it, whether my fave artist managed to get number 1 and so on. For YUI, I've been following her for quite some time now, I still remember TOKYO, which never entered top 10 even though it was such a great song. Doesn't really matter for me, as long as I still buy her CDs. Even YUI herself said that she doesn't really care about it (of course she's happy about it). Compare with that, been able to make music that continues inspire people is much more important. I always found myself respect her even more after reading her interviews, the words she said. Sometimes it makes me wonder, is such person even exist?? Too good to be true.

Lets just hope that she won't overwork herself, with coming concert tour, new single on June. Give YUI more time to watch movies (my last movie was Dreamgirls...T.T), attend concerts, read more books and get the damn driving license so that she can drive to Osaka in anytime and surprises her friends or whatever.

Oh yea, I got the album the day after the release date.



I'm the one in green shirt. It was fun, meeting someone you knew through Internet for the first time (thanks to YUI, of course), someone that shares the same interest as you. I might visit her someday again lol. June?

I was 'collecting' data the other day and guess whats YUI's favourite 'emoticon'? (taken from hotexpress interview)

YUI:なんだろう?普通に“ビックリマーク(!)”とか(笑)。

ビックリマーク (surprise mark?)

Is exclamation mark an emoticion?? Double it better (!!). I prefer triple though (!!!) haha. Oh yeah YUI has the habit of bringing notes along (so that she doesn't suddenly blank out) while doing MC during concerts, apparently now she doesn't need it anymore.....can give speech freely now. Someday, I'll have to see it myself T.T

Which btw they spelled [Rollong star] in the interview.......it's like 'lorong bintang' xD

Finally finished download this episode of Bokura no Ongaku. Starring Zazen boy's Mukai Shutoku and Shiina Ringo.



That guy was practically smoking + drinking in front of Ringo san =.= But then even dear YUI 'admires' him, listens to his album early in the morning, went to his acoustic live....I like this part the most:

Mukai : Back then every time people asked you to sing or join bands, you never refused?
Ringo : Yea I was cheap woman.
Mukai : That means now you're expensive?
Ringo : I'm still cheap.

LOL. Quote of the day. Shiina Ringo was funny actually, and surprisingly quite simple. Her dream is to remarry xD And 'make' a sister for her son LOL. I love this program~

Mukai san used Takamine acoustic!! (how can he manage to memorise that 7 mins long song...) Now I know why YUI likes the song KIMOCHI now. The 'straight-ness'.

Speaking of guitars, Fender Japan is giving out free guitars with YUI's signature on it. In conjunction on the release of CAN'T BUY MY LOVE.

First FROM ME TO YOU version....



Then CAN'T BUY MY LOVE....


Squier Telecaster.

And apparently one is not enough, they added another FENDER Stratocaster!! (shocked!!)



I'm gonna go crazy. How crazy is that? Which btw today is the deadline. (I think it's already ended)

*Runs away*

I don't know if I'm qualify to say such things, the downside of knowing Japanese is....you realise a lot of things tend to lost in translation. Sometimes you just don't know whether you should point it out or not, because people might think you acting like a smart ass. Especially when you found out that someone who supposed to be better than you made such mistake.

It's like, telling YUI that she played the wrong note.

So, if I ever make any mistakes, well not grammatically (cos you'll find lots of it lol), as in overall context, do tell me. Even though I might feel sad about it for a while lol. The last thing I wish to do is spreading to wrong info about dear YUI.

*Runs away again*

I should be studying for my exams now. After being 24 hours stalker for the past few days.....I'll still do the Ontama thing, be patient.

Try to Have a little patience~ (saw them in Music fair21, 歲月不留人 LOL. Kinda understand why Robbie Williams left them. Jkjk.)

I love Highway chance.

Umbrella is such a fun song to play.

Sorry for the randomness.

blog comments powered by Disqus