Saturday, April 28, 2007

My Generation

As I was preparing myself to write something else in my next entry, YUI came out with something again. New PV.

My Generation

制服 脱ぎ捨てた
16のアタシに
負けたくないから・・・

I had threw off that school uniform
Because I don't want to lose by that 16 years old me



Youtube links:
Preview
PV

Non-official lyrics


YUI's comment from the preview:

すごい強い気持ち込めたので
負けない強さを感じてほしい

"I included a lot of powerful feelings in it,
hope you guys can feel that strong will of not being easily defeated"

She actually wrote a message in Seito Shokun's official website but I can't find it there anymore, luckily I pasted it in the forum.

「『My Generation』という曲は、『生徒諸君!』の台本を読ませていただいてから楽曲をつめてゆきました。映画やドラマにあわせての書き下ろしは、何度か挑戦していたのですがこの台本を読んだとき3年前16歳のときに音楽の道を目指して学校を辞めたときのことが最初に浮かんできました。もう覚悟さえすれば、誰のせいにも出来ないはじめから自由だ!って気づいた瞬間でもあります。ドラマも楽しみです。
今回もエレキをかき鳴らしてレコーディングしました。ぜひ聴いてください。」

"For the song My Generation, I started to work on the music composition after I received the script of Seito Shokun!. I have written songs for movies and dramas several times before, but when I read the script, the first thing came up in my mind was 3 years ago when I was 16, that time when I quited school to pursue the path of music. The moment when I realised that 'As long as if I'm ready for everything, no one is gonna able to stop me and for the first time in my life I'm free!' was included too. I'm looking forward to the drama too. This time I recorded it along with electric guitar as well. Please listen to it."

Not sure on the red colored part. Don't believe in everything I typed =x Tell me if I mistranslated.

The description in the discography section in YUI-net:

YUIは高校に入学して1年(当時16歳で)音楽を目指し中退している。そのとき当然メジャーデビューが決まっていたわけではない。まだ何ひとつ手がかりのないまま、とにかく音楽の道を自分で切り開くべく環境を変えたのだ。そんな高校中退時の決意を強く感じられる楽曲。サウンドは『CAN'T BUY MY LOVE』で魅せた彼女本来のギターロックだ!ギターソロも本人が担当している。

YUI decided to quit school and pursue music (that time she was 16) a year after she entered high school. Of course it doesn't mean that her major debut was finalised or anything yet at that time. Even if she still haven't grabbed on hold of anything, somehow just try using own way to find the path of music and try to change the environment. A song which can feel the strong determination of the moment when she quited high school. The sound of the song follows the charm of 'CAN'T BUY MY LOVE' which is YUI's original guitar rock! She's in charge on the guitar solo too.

Again, don't believe in everything I typed, and correct me if I'm wrong.

So I already had the image of YUI rocking out with her electric guitar (probably her Strat) and maybe, YUI in school uniform (hohoho) or guitar solo in the PV.

Guess I got it right, abit xD

YUI hand in pocket + jeans + boots + GUITAR CASE = deadly combo!!!!!!!



The Ring 3?!



This looks cool....sometimes they look up sometimes they look down....YUI ah YUI, why you asked someone elses to wear that school uniform?? T.T Abit short though LOL.



Different setting, outfit, electric guitar.....same people.



GUITAR SOLO!!!! On public for the first time xD She looks damn 'yao yeng' (cool?) doing the bending thing. I'm gonna learn that part lol, but I'm still confused by the tab T.T Btw is YUI doing different ways of solo?? Maybe the editing confuses me =/



As usual, constipated look.



END. Some said that YUI should act again because she was basically 'flirting' around with the camera lol in the PV. Showing us how 'strong' her determination is through her EYES. Now she really used to the cameras, I should improve myself too......



I was trying to look for callouses on her left hand LOL. Maybe they 'photo shopped' it.



Credits to: doobie@jpopsuki for the original file, and all the YUI lovers out there who helped to 'spread' the PV =D

This PV gonna be one of my fave now, along with I remember you and LIFE. Maybe because it has 'some' story behind it, not just plain YUI with her guitar. The drummer is actually a girl!! Same band members as the Rolling star PV. I only found out after....so long that the drummer is a girl lol. I like the way she plays the drums, very energetic!! Must 'influence' my future housemate to learn it now haha.

Maybe YUI can learn it from her too lol, or maybe him (don't post around his pics btw).


(SOURCE: YUI-net)

Then YUI can do something like Teddy Geiger in her next PV. Not the 'stealing' part though. The pool scene 'ruined' my impression towards him =.= Call me conservative =P

Till then, au revior.

*goes to watch the PV again~*

blog comments powered by Disqus