Saturday, June 23, 2007

ROCKIN' ON JAPAN Interview Part 3 (page 046) and some other tidbits

Album: Lifehouse - Who We Are (ooo I love Lifehouse~)



Disclaimer: My JLPT level is only 3, my MUET (some stupid Malaysian English test) is band 5, just giving you guys a guideline on my language ability (I don't really know how to measure these things anyway, what do mean by 'fluent'?). Sorry if I made any stupid grammatical errors and tell me if I made any factual errors. Don't believe in everything I summarised. If you wanna copy anything from here, please ask your future readers to stop by my blog, to increase my blog traffic LOL.

Part 1 - Part 2

Teo: Italics

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kindergarten + Primary school:

# YUI's presence in the class.

YUI said that she considers herself the quiet one, because she was not the ones who talked much or made a lot of noise back then.

# Whether YUI had a crush on anyone.

She can't really recall any of it, she might have liked someone back then. However, she didn't make any moves or what so ever. Even if it's so called 'first love', that person wasn't really the ONE. Some might said it was their nursery school's sensei, but YUI cannot recall any of them. She thinks that perhaps she didn't really understand what is kakkoii (cool) or whatever at that time (laughs).

# Whether YUI feels that she still continues to sing, naturally. (<- weird)

YUI spent most of her time alone at home back then, so somehow she will sing out the songs she heard from CDs or in the radio, and time just went by quickly. Maybe by doing this she was able to distract herself from the loneliness. She can't remember what she sang mostly but since she really liked to memorise the lyrics and sang it back then, she remembers that she memorised a lot of it. When she entered secondary school, YUI remembers that often herself will recall back all the lyrics and wrote it down.

# Any stuff she enjoyed doing around that time.

Plays soccer with neighbouring kids when she went back home. YUI said that a lot of them practicing soccer, and they were really good. It was really interesting. She played soccer in a park just in front of her house in Shinguu. A very big park for soccer playing. You can hear the voices of the kids playing around. YUI lived kinda far from her primary school, about 30 minutes of walking distance. Not many girls stayed around her area, a lot of boys though. Because of that, YUI thought that it was a normal thing for her playing soccer with the boys.

Extra info: The paparazzi of a tabloid magazine named FLASH EXCITING interviewed YUI's neighbour back then and the neighbour kinda confirmed her story about her playing soccer with the boys lol. And in Marquee (Volume 55) interview, YUI said that she would like to play soccer if she have the chance to become a boy for a day.



During midsummer, it was really torturing walking back from her primary school. 30 minutes walk was so intense, as if the journey back to home never ends. YUI will either walk back alone or with some of the girls staying nearby. When somehow no matter how far they've walked and still couldn't reach home, they will start to think things such as: "If somehow we can fly, it should be great ain't it? And we will reach home sooner for sure."

# Since YUI always mentioned her favourite place is the beach of Shinguu, the interviewer asked whether she went there often to play when she was small.

YUI answered yes. She likes to collect seashells and stuff. And, they will have this 'clean your region' battle thing going on, everybody went to the beaches and forests to clean it up, collecting the rubbish and then YUI went home happily with a bottle of juice. She used to do it quite often. Since it was an annual practice, she will have that 'summer has come' feeling each year.

# We all know that dear YUI loves reading, what about the YUI when she was in primary school?

She liked places such as library but she didn't really read that much. That time horror stories were really popular. YUI: I will take a peak at these stories, close the book immediately when I read something really scary (laughs). Even though it didn't really showed on my face, surprisingly I was scared (laughs). With such character, I was kinda a troublesome kid. I won't scream out 'GYAA-!' or anything, but deep down I was really afraid (laughs).

# So there isn't really that much 'overflowing feelings' from you? (sorry lack of vocabulary)

Nope, I think. I don't get angry or something that often too.

This explains the 'lack of expression' from dear YUI =P

# Not even crying out 'Waa-' when feeling sad?

Yea, nope. Ah but when I was in lower grade, I tried real hard to clean up the class and when I was going to take out the rubbish, someone did me a favor and helped me. Not sure why but I was kinda mad about it. Mad as in, I felt that "I've tried so hard to gather it! Just let me finish it myself!!" (laughs) Well, only by that much.

I'm sure I made a lot of mistakes in this section....

Next, YUI's secondary school life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for taking so long, 'busy' sneaking into Japanese forum things these few days. I was listening to GIRLS LOCKS just now (stole it somewhere bwahaha), WOAH Horikita Maki cut her hair short!!



For her latest drama, Hanazakari no kimitachi he (yes...花樣少年). Oh...my...god. I kinda watched the Taiwanese version, *coughs*. I wonder how Maki chan gonna pull it off this time, acting as a tomboy. PLUS, the lead is...OGURI SHUN!! *screams* So, I'm gonna watch it for sure even though it might be cheesy as hell. It won't be that bad right?? Seems Maki chan's been acting a lot of manga adapted dorama lately...



Speaking of Maki chan, back to GIRLS LOCKS. Maki chan played YUI's Umbrella in her show. Apparently she went to dear YUI's concert too~!! After the show she even asked dear YUI to take a picture together, she started to laugh hysterically in the show after saying it =.= 'Excuse me, can I have a picture with you?', that's what she said to dear YUI lol. So cute. Me wanna see picture of them together too >.<

'Stole' Ajikan LOCKS (AKFG) too hee. I have to say that, YUI's voice is still the best to listen to LOL. No matter how much she screws up what she supposed to say, her voice still as soothing as ever =x Listening to a bunch of radio programs with YUI for the past few days (thanks to todd @ YUI-Forum), kinda feeling glad that I took Japanese......

Okla give you guys another info. Apparently to YUI (in 2005), her earliest sleeping time will be 2 AM *speechless...*, and normally she will stay up till 5 AM. And she said that she's trying her best to sleep at around 2 =.= No wonder you can always see eye bags on YUI. That's just show that how dedicate/ hardworking she is, making songs up till so late *salutes*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yea, Reset 'created' a new Chinese forum, YUI-Forum. Feel free to 'switch' to there, if you know what I mean =x

I'm going to KLCC later and see if these magazines are available:

1. PATi PATi July (<- MUST BUY)
2. R&R Newsmaker July (another must buy)
3. ROCKIN' ON JAPAN July
4. B>PASS July (collecting it)
5. BARFOUT! May (busy buying other magazines back then...)

BROKE T.T

Long post....again.

Till then,

Adieu from


Next: ROCKIN' ON JAPAN Interview Part 4

blog comments powered by Disqus