Friday, June 08, 2007

ROCKIN' ON JAPAN Interview Part 2 (page 045)



Disclaimer: My JLPT level is only 3, my MUET (some stupid Malaysian English test) is band 5, just giving you guys a guideline on my language ability (I don't really know how to measure these things anyway, what do mean by 'fluent'?). Sorry if I made any stupid grammatical errors and tell me if I made any factual errors. Don't believe in everything I summarised. If you wanna copy anything from here, please ask your future readers to stop by my blog, to increase my blog traffic LOL.

Previous: Part 1

Lets continue.

Teo: Italics

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# YUI's impression of her mother when she was small.

YUI said that since her father is not around anymore, her mom always busy working and seldom around at home. YUI always eat alone adequately (?), nothing special. Something like spaghetti, YUI (I think) will buy these inexpensive stuff and 'cincai' make her own meal (laughs). She will even eat the cabbage in it's entirety (imagining YUI eating a BIG uncooked cabbage while watching TV...).

Speaking of cabbages, when YUI was small, as she was eating the whole cabbage, till the end some broccoli looking thing 'appeared' (I think she means the pith). "Ah there's broccoli inside the cabbage!" YUI: I mistaken it back then (laughs). I was too surprised, "ah it tastes even better! WOW!" as if I discovered something really big. But now think about it, broccoli and cabbage are 2 different things, I was wrong. Even myself made such weird assumptions.

# Because of the busyness, YUI also never have the chance to have a vacation.

When she was asked whether she will envy her friends when they told her about their trips, she thinks that as a kid, there must be some 'jealousy' going on. However, if she tells her parent about it, they might feel sad about it. As a child, somehow she knew that she should not say such things, that's why she never mention about it.

# Another 'famous' question, her dream when she was in kindergarten (goodness her answer is LONG).

When YUI became secondary school student, she saw her picture book when she was back in nursery school. Everyone's hand prints, plus her own hand print which printed during her birthday. "I missed the time in nursery school~" and brought back all the memories. In the [My dream] section, other girls wrote "Wanted to be a florist" "I want to open a bakery".

But little YUI wrote "I wanted to be that uncle who sells Takoyaki." The people who bakes and sells takoyaki in a van or something. The secondary school YUI wondered what's wrong with little YUI since she can't be a boy and laughed about it. (this is getting confusing)

Then dear YUI changes the subject. YUI: When I was small, I once told my mom "Give me an elder brother" before too (laughs). It's completely impossible yet I didn't really get it back then. It's should be alright if I put 'I wanted to be takoyaki seller', but why I added 'Uncle" in it instead? (laughs) Maybe it was because I saw some uncle making takoyaki alone all the time, kept on making it, all alone, to make us delicious takoyakis. He seems lonely, maybe I included 'uncle' it's because that I had the urge to help him. I really wanna know why I wrote this too (laughs).

# What else YUI asked besides asking her mom to give her an elder brother.

YUI: We were watching TV, and there was Sumo wrestling going on. I was really small back then, when I saw the Sumo wrestler, I remembered that I asked "Will milk come out from those boobs?" (laughs) I have said something extraordinary isn't it.“明明是男人,爲什麽?” ("He is a guy, but why?"), that's what I thought back then. Like any other parents, I think they just gave normal answers. I find it very funny about it now I thought about it, seems surreal. "Nah, I don't think that milk will come out from those boobs." They said something like that (laughs).

おっぱい (oppai) normally used by kids to refer breasts (yes I checked dictionary LOL). I kinda 'want' to hear YUI says that word LOL, someday *Runs away*

# Move on to primary school, asked YUI whether she likes study or not back then.

YUI answered that she was not really good in studies, she prefers making things, that's why she likes art classes, where she can make things and draws stuff. She thought of being an artist/ painter back then too simply because that she likes to draw. Sceneries, looking at animals or anything and draw it. When she's free, somehow she will bring around pencil and starts to draw.

'Masterpiece' by dear YUI, to show you that she can really draw lol, taken from Taiyou no Uta diary (included in the premium edition DVD):



Put it bigger since this will be the only picture in this post lol. Thanks Reset for scanning it =D

In primary school YUI joined knitting club because she likes to make things. But apparently she always forgot to bring certain things. And she joked for being such useless kid. She likes handicrafts too. She learned a lot from her grandmother who's really good at it.

# Sports.

YUI seemed to like sports too. When she was in primary school, she'll play dodge ball, plays kickball during rest hours, it was fun. And she remembers that when the snow causes the class to stop, everyone will play snow battle or something. It was pretty interesting since Fukuoka rarely snows. It was a great class.

Apparently kickball in Japanese is foot baseball =.= Learned something from YUI again lol.

Next, YUI's existence in class, and maybe first love?? Horror stories?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is long lol. Sorry if it sounded confusing here and there. It should be more interesting actually. Next update will be......after I finished The World is Flat LOL (yes I've bought it hee). My brother will 'snatch' it to Ohio, USA this Sunday, for 4 months, me had to finish it before he runs away. Bribe me if you want me to finish it fast, because I might do some part time stuff (if they reply me...).

Tell me if I made any mistakes. Spread around this interview if you want to. Make sure they stop by my blog before stealing it haha.

Till then, au revior.

PS: I have Web cam now (enjoyed fooling around with it). I've finished Norwegian Wood, what else by Haruki Murakami is nice??

Next: ROCKIN' ON JAPAN Interview Part 3

blog comments powered by Disqus