Wednesday, June 27, 2007

ROCKIN' ON JAPAN Interview Part 4 (page 047)

Album: Michael Buble - Call Me Irresponsible



Before that, if you can read Chinese, triper san has translated this interview too, detailedly word by word in his blog. And very the fast too *ashamed* Now I can 'peak' his blog to double check whether if I did any mistakes lol. To triper: Sorry for not leaving any comments in your blog, 'lazy' to create a new account =x

Page 1
Page 2 & 3

So....read his translations instead of mine, because I'm lazy LOL. And, Mr. Reset has 'created' a new Chinese forum, YUI-Forum. Feel free to take a look at it. I mostly 'appear' in the media section hee.

Disclaimer: My JLPT level is only 3, my MUET (some stupid Malaysian English test) is band 5, just giving you guys a guideline on my language ability (I don't really know how to measure these things anyway, what do mean by 'fluent'?). Sorry if I made any stupid grammatical errors and tell me if I made any factual errors. Don't believe in everything I summarised. If you wanna copy anything from here, please ask your future readers to stop by my blog, to increase my blog traffic LOL.

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5

Teo: Italics

Today me will attempt to translate it 'detailedly' LOL. See how far I can go.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secondary/ middle school:

# You studied in local secondary school?

YUI: Yes. It was a coeducational school. School uniform were those normal sailor school uniforms, and we will wear light blue-ish uniforms during summer.

# Did you join any club activities?

YUI: I joined track-and-field club in first year because I enjoyed running (she REALLY loves to run). However, I was not really good at those human relationships kinda stuff, quited after wards. I participated in long distance running and long jump (*suprised* :O ). I really liked to do long jumps, it was very interesting. Then when I entered second year, I thought that if there's anything I would like to do in school, somehow it will be fun. So I joined basketball club. But, since I only started it during second year, it was difficult to become real good at it isn't it.

Yes I can totally understand it T.T I was 'isolated' too when I joined Chinese orchestra club during secondary school. They rather focus on primary school kids or intermediate ones >.< That's why I can only play 'do' and 'so' in Erhu =x

YUI: However I think it mostly because of the existence of human relationships. I have always been real....suck at fitting in myself, couldn't really get along well. But in second half of first year, I participated in both school club and played badminton at the same time. It was only around 300 yen per month, so I joined. That side was more fun instead. I went there really really often up until I graduated from secondary school. Twice a week, such as Wednesday and Saturday, started around 3 pm. With the thought of wanting to know more and more about badminton, in between practices, I managed to improve myself too day by day. (<- not sure correct or not)

# Do you have any people you were in fond to in secondary school?

YUI: Somehow I think I had. Maybe this person? Might have thoughts like that. But I didn't do thing such as letting that person know or made any positive actions. I think I only did things such as for some reason watching him wherever he went. (<- again, not sure, weird)


(Look at people just like Amane Kaoru LOL)

# How were your interest in music turned into around that time?

YUI: I guess I spent a lot of time with it. Plus, for singing, I just sang whenever I wanted to (weird). I started to write down poetic verses since third year, might have something to do with my interest towards music.

# (Very difficult to translate this part...) At first you just write down things you've heard, then you started to write down your own words isn't it. (<- weird)

YUI: I think so. When I was in third year, somehow I started to talk more with my mother, she once said that when she was in primary school, her sensei praised the poems that she wrote. When I heard it I thought:" Ooo...I shall try to write it too then.", and started to write. Well I always liked to recall back lyrics and write it down, that influenced me as well, perhaps because of these influences writing has turned into a smooth process. I felt as if I'm writing diaries, continue writing it everyday. I had no idea what I was writing at all. Of course those poems written in the beginning kinda stinks (laughs) I think, yea. Once started somehow I just couldn't stop, continue writing it till now, without any sense of discomfort. I guess. (<- I kinda translated word by word, hence the weird flow *swt* )

# That, in the beginning has nothing to do with music? (again, very difficult to translate...)

YUI: Yea. At first singing was just singing out songs, things like that. However, I will write down things in a notebook, and rewrite it neatly too. Or write down things that came into my mind. Even when I moved from Fukuoka to Tokyo, I brought along all the notebooks in case I wanna have a look at it again. The amount just get more and more. Since I moved to Tokyo it increased by a lot too. The ones I've wrote when I came to Tokyo were included in my songs also. When I see it I can recall back what I felt at that moment. Even though I didn't think further when I was writing that time, I think I was able to readjust (rearrange my feelings) myself from it.

......好像答非所問,還是翻譯功力有待加強(汗)


# Do you still remember the very first CD you bought?

YUI: I remembered that it was Yaida Hitomi's CD, album...which mixed in between red and orange-ish colours. (<- don't wanna say the name of the album, again). A uncle I know said that he's gonna buy me one CD, I couldn't really decide which to buy. After listening to a lot of it, picked Yaida Hitomi's CD and told 'I want this!', because the album was in Japanese, maybe easier to understand, and seemed like a good choice. Yea. Since it was the first CD I own, I was really happy about it, listened to it very often too. And memorised all immediately.

# Any other things you enjoyed when you were in secondary school?

YUI: It was still badminton that I enjoyed the most. Entered contests, even joined tournaments for a couple of times. It was really fun. It was fulfilling indeed the time during practices, even when I practiced alone hitting along the walls was fun. I enjoyed serious trainings too. Aiming at the suttlecocks vessel and hit, defeating it as a practice. During summer, it felt great after sweating and returning back home riding bicycle in the night. Really refreshing (laughs).

# In the second half of secondary school, I'm sure people around will start to think about their futures and paths. How about you?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'm not gonna translate in 'detail' next time.........weird....stick with 'summarisations' better =x I will recheck this post when I'm back, now too 'exhausted' to see it @.@

Really disappointed with YUI Fan Club......guess can't help it. Hopefully I won't missed out that much from all the 'benefits'. Looking forward to this week's YUI LOCKS at the same time. Yuuko sensei~

It's 5:15 in the morning now, and still haven't collect my magazine at Kinokuniya....today I'm gonna go for sure.

Till then.

Next: ROCKIN' ON JAPAN Interview Part 5

blog comments powered by Disqus