Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Malaysia Hawker Food vs. Singapore's

Greetings from Tokyo~ (Shinjuku to be exact).

Helixius has updated our SG food tasting session in his blog =D

Yay I don't have to write.

Since CCDDSS blew up my secret trip to Japan, here's the group photo from the mini outing.


Left: Teo, CDS, Helixius. Right: Ben, Mel, natsumi, asuna.

My conclusion is, after visiting Singapore for the third time in this year, generally SG hawker food isn't that bad as commented by my fellow Malaysian acquaintances.

But, besides Mr. Bean and maybe SG vegetarian food, non of the hawker food made me fell in love at first bite. The food is nice, just that I've tried better ones in Malaysia.

I kinda like SG Hokkien mee, Bak chor mee and Katong laksa, quite nice.

The next day I went out with ah Mel. Met her at Chinatown (her 'favourite' place), then Little India to have Paper Masala Thosai for the first time. It was very spicy >.<

That concludes my SG trip. I realised that I can read maps quite well lol. Gotta miss you guys, my makan kaki (eating buddies). See you guys again next year.


Btw, Thai airways in flight meal was good~ I finished them all except the dessert, I took a bite, it was too sweet, plus the dessert was white in colour, and I have white phobia.



The lunch was either prawn or chicken, so I chose seafood.

I feel so tempted to steal their stainless steel fork and spoons, in the end I took them out from my backpack out of guiltiness.


I'll explain why I'm in Japan in next posts.

blog comments powered by Disqus