Sunday, September 28, 2008

Nikko and Edo Wonderland

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Misc YUI Rants:

I'm going to buy MY SHORT STORIES from Amazon Japan, because it is cheaper than HMV Japan, and free shipping too.

Not going to buy it from CD shop, lazy to look for stores which sell cheaper than Amazon Japan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I had a one day trip to Nikko and Edo Wonderland, with a bunch of international students. It was organised by Waseda University International Community Centre, for 3500 yen (RM 114), including one meal.

Damn cheap, because the entrance fee to Edo Wonderland itself already costs 3000+ yen.

There is another trip to Kamakura for 2000 yen. Being a YUI fan, I should have chosen this instead of Nikko, you know, Great Buddha, BARFOUT, Taiyou no Uta and all.


Our meal. I bought that Mocha from this interesting vending machine for 200 yen. I just had to try it out haha.

But Nikko is worth more the money, and it is located in another prefecture (Tochigi), instead of Tokyo ;P I can go to Kamakura by myself at some other time. One of my goals is to visit as many prefectures in Japan as possible. So far I've been to three out of 47 prefectures, which are Tokyo, Tochigi, and Chiba (Narita airport is located in Chiba muahaha).

It was kinda crowded, even during Friday. For more interesting/professional looking pictures and commentaries on Nikko, please check out asuna's blog, because I'm bad at taking pictures of buildings or sceneries, and describing things.


Mini group photo. Malaysia, Hungary, China, Japan, Korea, Korea, Indonesia.

That two Koreans are married couples. I sat beside the Korean girl during the bus trip. With my one month only Korean, I kept telling her that she's yeppoyo, and we talked about random Korean superstars haha. She's actually the first Korean I know who likes Bae Yong Joon.

Oh she told me that every month, Lee Jun Ki will reply questions from his fans personally in his website. I was telling her that someone I know likes Lee Jun Ki a lot haha. The website is in Korean though, too bad.

Next, Edo Wonderland, which is around one hour away from Nikko.



I kinda studied Japan's history for one semester, so I kinda know this Edo period (1603-1868), which was under Tokugawa Shogunate.

Yeah, kinda. So it is interesting to see the buildings, culture, people, how it is like, how they dress during Edo period. You know, the half-bald hair?

Ninja is not really a Edo period thing though.



The ninja show was interesting, reminds me of kung fu movies.

On our way back, I bought this:


I got the cake cutter thing for getting full points in some quiz given by ICC members. The Korean girl and I kinda cheated in the quiz though.

We were in a rest stop and I found this Nikko Marimokkori. I told some Japanese students that YUI likes marimokkori so I like marimokkori too. One of the girl's response was:" I'm kinda...how do I say, shocked or...out of my expectation."

YUI has a good image XD We tried to explain what is a marimokkori on our way back, luckily someone looked up in wikipedia using his hand phone. Whew.

After that I had my first ever motion sickness on a bus @.@

School starts on tomorrow. Hmmmmm...

P'sof cake! XD



PS: Imm has written the report on our badminton tour outing the other day, feel free to read it if you are interested in Datuk Lee Chong Wei's performance.

I met a bunch of cool Malaysians in that outing, guess that 3000 yen for the entrance ticket was quite well spent.

blog comments powered by Disqus