Thursday, March 19, 2009

Time to go back


I kinda miss Yamanote Line.

In Kobe now, tomorrow going back to Tokyo.

30 days, 12 new prefectures, 2 new countries, it is time to go back. I am tired of being a tourist/traveller, for now. Just don't really care where I am, or where I must visit.

Feb 19, I left Shinjuku and took 14 hours bus ride to Hakata, Fukuoka prefecture (8000 yen).

Feb 20 - 22, Fukuoka



Shingu beach. The weather on that day was horrible, I spent quite some time looking for WEST restaurant and the beach itself because the maps I had were incomplete, and the freaking wind broke my umbrella. My plan to see night view at Mount Inasa, Nagasaki gone because of the bad weather as well.

Feb 22 - 24, Nagasaki, Saga, Kagoshima



I spent quite some time in the Atomic Bomb Museum of Nagasaki, first time witnessing the impact of atomic bomb with my own eyes. From there, I realised the importance of museums and started to be more willing to pay RM 20+ for the entrance fee.

Since I was using this unlimited bus ride pass for 4 days, I spent most of my time in buses, watched three movies as well. Due to bad planning, I didn't get to see Atsuhime in Kagoshima T.T I only passed by those Atsuhime related places....and completely forgot that GO!GO!7188 is from Kagoshima.

Feb 25 - 27, Miyazaki, Oita, Kumamoto.


Went to the wrong 'hell' in Beppu. YUI went to the some other hells aiks. Not really a fan of such place so I went to Yufuin after entering this Blood Lake Hell.

Feb 28 - March 1, Kumamoto Homestay.


Lithuania girl and me visiting some primary school at Tsunagi town, Kumamoto.

It was fun because I got VIP treatment from the people in Tsunagi town =P

March 2 - 6, Yamaguchi, Shimane, Hiroshima, Okayama, Tottori.


This place is VERY beautiful, no joke (Miyajima, Hiroshima).

Yes you can cross 5 prefectures in 5 days. 2 nights in Yamaguchi, 2 nights in Okayama. I 'passed by' Okayama again, 4 times now. Only spent my nights in internet cafe near Okayama station.

March 7 - 10, Busan, Seoul and a little bit of Cheonan, Gyeongju.


Fooling around near Yonsei University (廷世大学) with my new found Slovakian friend, thanks to some Korean guy I met in Malaysia.

I spent most of time in Korea inside the bullet train, wandering around, sleep, and with friends, so I didn't do much sight-seeing. Plus my Korean is so horrible that in the end I chose to speak in English and ignored all the Korean characters.

March 11 - 17, Taipei, Jiufen, Alishan, Chiayi


Big thanks to Shirley for 'adopting' me for 7 days!!

It was a relieved seeing everything in some language I could understand. Now I can understand how people read Chinese characters, it is just like me, reading Korean characters. L.O.S.T.
Taiwan aunties are just like people I know in Malaysia. They are so funny.
They have roti canai in Taiwan! Alishan was freaking cold! Who would've thought that instead of Hokkaido, I was freezing to death in Taiwan.

March 18 - Okinawa

Bought all the souvenirs in Okinawa. Since I stayed in Naha, I didn't get to see the beach. What an irony, going to Okinawa without seeing the beach.

The monorail in Naha is called yui-rail.

March 19 - Kobe

Met MARI san again~ Spending the last night here, internet cafe again.

Tomorrow going to Himeji castle, then take train back to Tokyo. Will write a proper entry, if I can finish the previous ones =X

It is a miracle that I didn't get sick at all, gotta thank my mom for forcing me to drink all those Chinese herbal stuff since I was small.

Special thanks to people who willing to show me around the places they are staying at, replying my messages when I'm feeling lonely, providing me a place to stay, giving me information on particular places, I cannot complete all these if I'm all alone. My longest trip ever, has finally come to an end.

Time to sleep. Tonight I have two 'neighbours' beside me, hopefully they don't make that much noise.

blog comments powered by Disqus