Sunday, September 23, 2007

ROCKIN' ON JAPAN Interview Part 5 (page 048)

Finally part 5 lol.



Chinese translations can be found at triper san's blog, he had translated the whole thing.

Part 4 & 5

Disclaimer: My JLPT level is only 3, my MUET (some stupid Malaysian English test) is band 5, just giving you guys a guideline on my language ability (I don't really know how to measure these things anyway, what do mean by 'fluent'?). Sorry if I made any stupid grammatical errors and tell me if I made any factual errors. Don't believe in everything I wrote. If you wanna copy anything from here, please ask your future readers to stop by my blog, to increase my blog traffic LOL.

Previous translations: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4

Teo: Italics

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High School

# In the second half of secondary school, I'm sure people around will start to think about their futures and paths. How about you?

YUI: For me......I couldn't foresee how will it turn out at all, I think I became really anxious about it. And then came high school entrance examination. It was quite difficult to travel back and forth as well. So, since I heard there are places with so called distance education system and it's cheaper, I have decided on my own to take distance learning. However deep down I still hope that I can attend high school. That's why I only said it at the very last minute, after I have decided on distance learning. Of course parents will let you attend schools for sure, it is not money related or any other matter, because they kinda have this feeling of sending you there. Even though I was the one who suggested that, I kinda had the feeling that they wanted to send me there. Because I knew that, I chose distance education system. But I still wanna go, I thought. Hence, I entered a private girls high school.

The main thing is, YUI wants to go to school, instead of study at home. When I first knew about this, I was like, people only 15 already considering lighten up her mom's load, and me?? Still receiving money from them, till now =x

# You decided to attend school at the very last minute, why is that so?

YUI: When I was in secondary school 3 year, I think it was from a soccer player, in a magazine or book or something, his comment was in it. "We have to cherish encounters when we are still young, and it's important to talk with as many people as possible." was written on it. He is a very famous person, and has this persuasiveness. That really fired me up. Meeting up with different people, it is important after all. I thought. It's like, having that interest towards new encounters or something. I thought it will be a real waste if through distance education system, I lost the chance to involve myself with people. Hence, when I said "I want to attend high school", in me I have decided I will pay the school fees myself, as a condition. If it's distance learning, on the contrary, I think I might earn more if I just work for a little bit. But if I went to normal schools, I understand that just paying the fees will be not enough for sure, and I think it will be difficult. Hence, even before entering high school, I started to look for part time jobs. Then I began to work in a Chinese restaurant nearby my house. I felt that I tried real hard to memorise things, because I entered this busy place immediately, without knowing anything or any practice. After a while I started to go music cram school, on the other hand since I frequent to city more than hometown, I began part timing in the city. Being able to get travel allowance was another reason. That was why I think I worked in the Chinese restaurant around half a year. but I gained really valuable experience from it. Such as how to deliver, mainly on serving customers. In school there was such thing as forbidding over working, and we have to submit a form regarding part timing. But if submitted I will be restricted to just twice a week or something. That was why I kept silent. "I've managed to enter, based on this let me in , please", because I said that, and just entered.

# Attending high school at the same time, doing part time almost everyday, physically it was quite tiring isn't it.

YUI: Yea. But, going to school using my hard earned money, I think it's a wonderful thing. Plus it was fulfilling, mentally. Because of that, I'm gonna get perfect attendance prize for sure! Filled with that spirit, I treated schooling seriously and enjoyed it.

# In the mean time, regarding music, and your future things like that, what, and how you thought of it?

YUI: I didn't even have enough time to sleep. Roughly 1 or 2 hours per day. It was quite a blurry period of time (laughs). I felt because of that, the time for me to think of these things gone slowly. I remembered that when I was in a packed train 5 or 6 in the morning, I wished to make a bed here and sleep on it (laughs).



# (laughs). 1 or 2 hours of sleeping time consider really impressive.

YUI: It was quite...a great feeling, I suppose (laughs). But my main goal was: Going to school, wish to treasure every encounter I have, and, looking at the adult world and gained new experiences through part timing, motivated me a lot as well. However among all these, mostly were a bunch of difficult stuff. After considered about what I thought and my worries seriously, I was able to look at things in a new perspective. And realising that I must work harder. I got a lot of criticisms when part timing, it was inevitable but, through that, I realised that we cannot wait for assistance from others forever, or having the thought of waiting people to spoon feed you everything. We have to take responsible on every action we made. That's what I felt the most. I really learned a lot from that place, one thing by another. There were a lot of great people around me, I think I have learned a lot on how to be a better person as well.

Next, hospital and quitting school.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I managed to 'squeeze' out. Hope you guys can get to know more about dear YUI from this. It is a really inspiring interview, no matter how many times I read it, I am still touched by it. I know it's long, but, that's how to get to know a person. Successful people usually don't complain about all the hardships they faced to reach the position they're in now, those who complain are the ones not working hard enough.

So, I shall do my homework and stop YUI-ing lol.

Till then.

Next: ROCKIN' ON JAPAN Interview Part 6

blog comments powered by Disqus