Monday, January 14, 2008

How YUI can Motivate You to Achieve Goals in 2008

I never really write any resolutions before, and most of the time I failed to achieve my goals. Ever since I met YUI, I can say that I'm living my life more consciously, and try not to procrastinate too much. Having someone shares the same age with you to look up to, someone like YUI, to me, the urge to improve yourself more is far more greater than having the sense of inferiority, or jealousy.

Of course I'll get jealous every time she gets new guitar, recently another Martin (not that 1977 one) zzz, and why her skin complexion so nice T.T

Lets say this year you wish to improve certain areas in your life, how on earth dear YUI can help you (indirectly) on this?

If your goal is one of this three below, hopefully they can at least motivate you guys a little bit.

1. I'm going to learn guitar.


Source: Thank you My teens DVD

For starters with zero music knowledge, learning guitar from scratch can be really frustrating. I've been there before. Bear in mind that YUI started from nothing as well, when she was 15. She had no music background, not even a guitar to practise. She practised day and night, after 6 months, she wrote her first song, and now, jamming solos in her performances. It's not because that she's talented, she worked hard to be 'talented'.

It's all about taking the first step, if you're stuck half-way, you can always ask for advices from our fellow mad guitarists in YL Forum. Or I can point you to several videos where YUI messed up her guitar playing, if that will make you feel better. You will appreciate YUI more once you pick up guitar, or any other instruments. Just take small steps, slowly, I can honestly tell you take I still cannot play LIFE nicely even after 2 years, yea I suck.

2. I'm going to start writing diary.


Source: The Making of Taiyou no Uta. She uses mechanical pencil to write hee.

Even though she seldom updates YUI diary, she keeps a personal diary, and writes everyday. If you already know the importance of writing things down, but having trouble maintaining it, don't worry, YUI and Teo been there too. It took me 3 years to get things right. And YUI, she uses a more radical approach, which is forcing herself to write.

I can only say,: Keep writing, or try writing one-sentence journal everyday. For me, I will try to fill up the small squared space in my daily planner every day. It takes less than 2 minutes, if you use marker pen to write lol.

3. I'm going to read more books.


Source: B-Pass December 2006 issue

When YUI was in primary school, she didn't read much (me read mangas). Nowadays, she reads when she has the free time, while travelling, or waiting for her turn to perform. Since my Japanese reading skill is still limited, can't really expand my stalking area on what YUI reads. But, someday I will read ALL of them. You can start with Harry Potter or Da Vinci Code (I haven't read this), or mangas such as Nana, Azumi, Honey and Clover (me haven't read Azumi & H&C), books are better than manga though.

Set a specific, achievable goal such as, I'm going to read one book per week, or read 15 minutes per day, and you're likely to stick with it. I try to keep my routine of one Chinese, one English book per week, but text books are slowly eating up my time. My solution? Cut down TV time *coughs*


This might sound as if I am some crazy obsessed YUI fan, take a look around, all the advices given to improve your life are roughly the same, take up a hobby, write down everything, or read more, etc. I'm just using dear YUI as a 'platform', and share with you guys. I might write more of these instead of showing off YUI's achievement and what not. We have to know her 'behind the scenes' in order to understand why she is popular, and how to save our LIFE =P

Happy setting goals~ (be specific)

PS: A lot of YUI fansites are discussing what to give YUI on her birthday (March 26). Hmm....

blog comments powered by Disqus