Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Second YUI-Lover Collaboration

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Misc Namidairo facts (and some Teo rants):

In January 10 YUI LOCKS, YUI said that Namidairo is for acoustic performance (how to say 弾き語り in English?), and sounds kinda similar with TOKYO.

Acoustic performance~ Lalala~~~~~~~~ *goes to play Namidairo tabbed by dear tsunvun*

YUI-net has updated the track list for Namidairo. B-side is I wanna be...

Hmm...I wanna be with you or I wanna be a rockstar?? Besides Music Video, DVD of Limited Edition only has ONE live performance not included in Thank you My teens DVD. Which song will it be?

Speaking of the lyrics, me think that triper san's Chinese translation reflects my interpretation of this song the most. Maybe because it is in Chinese, which you can ignore who's the subject and translate it vaguely lol. I still cannot find the perfect translation for this though:

そんなはずないでしょ…
From Yahoo Japan Dictionary: It cannot be true, isn't it.

Before that she said そう言ってみたけど, which is in past tense. That means, someone said something she wasn't intended to say.

Main culprit will be this はず word.

No wonder those books on translation theory in the library are freaking thick.

We shall wait for the person who wrote this to explain the whole thing. I only know that it's a breakup song, and someone is in deep sorrow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Second YUI-Lover Collaboration is on. For those who didn't participate last year, YUI-Lover dot com decided to organise this again in conjunction with YL second anniversary celebration.

I'm not participating this time, since I don't wanna 'ruin' the compilation CD, which is going to send to YUI LOCKS! and hopefully YUI will play your song in YUI Locks, like what happened to our fellow members, Alanna16 and anas604.

The rules are simple:

1. You have to be a member of YUI-Lover dot com.
2. Send in any YUI song cover OR
3. Send in your original songs, if you want dear YUI to listen your masterpiece.

The songs can be instrumental, played by any instruments, duo, trio, band, anything, as long as it is nice.

Right now, the deadline is February 10, and we plan to send this compilation to YUI on March, along with this cool looking T-shirt.

The downside is, we are to going select 16 songs only (if there are more than 16 submissions......), which is decided by YL forum moderators, nataliejwong, s0l1dsn8k3, and me, at the moment. Still, don't underestimate yourself, send in your songs!! The rules can be altered any time, just join and have fun.

To show my sincerity, here's my cover of TOKYO.


This is just a demo, to 'motivate' you guys. I'm not participating. To beginners, TOKYO is one of the easiest song to play, just make sure you tune half step down. TOKYO was my first song when I started guitar-ing 2 years ago.

That's how YUI plays in most of her live performances. One take only lol, kinda messed up the last chorus. Imagine one year ago when I tried to do a cover of this song, I did like 30 attempts and I could still find flaws in it =.=

Just that after one year, I still can't really sing.

I'm sure you can do better than this. So send it your songs to me via email (hinfinitie@hotmail.com), or pm to nataliejwong, s0l1dsn8k3, before February 10.

For more information, check this thread in YUI-Lover forum.

Questions, feedbacks, suggestions are welcomed!! In case I didn't make it clear enough.

Join! Join!

blog comments powered by Disqus