Monday, April 07, 2008

Love is all at Music Station

I feel like ranting about this.

Note: I have been reading Chinese entertainment news ever since I have learned how to read Chinese. Just that back then, YUI wasn't in the entertainment industry. I'm fascinated by the fact that selective ignorance can actually turn into a scary habit.

Background song: Love is all

I like both YUI and Hikki, I don't know if they like each other but,



As I was happily watching this 3 hours long Music Station SP (4 April 2008), and planning to share my discoveries with you guys, I found this Chinese news report on this episode of Music Station.


Source: Oriental Daily News, credits to Ylous @ YL

YUI Dozing Off

Basically first they insult Utada's appearance in last night's Music Station, saying that a lot of Japanese internet users trashed her fashion sense (I better don't elaborate this), then they say those internet users found that YUI, who was sitting beside Hikki, was actually sleeping.

Captions on the picture: When Utada was having interview, YUI, who was sitting at the row behind, sleeping sweetly.

Excuse me?? Did you actually watch the video on Utada being interviewed?? What if Hikki fans saw this?? What if people actually believe in this??

The most you can say is YUI wasn't paying attention. Somehow this news got circulated around and another paper 太陽報, accused YUI for not giving face (showing respect) to Hikki.



People were just looking down at the small TV thingy in front of her okay? YUI prefers seeing people's face through that TV instead of staring their backs, is there any problem with that? The moment she blinks her eyes, you snap a screenie, then create stories based on that picture you have. Or worse, bumped into this picture while finding any possible news material through internet because you ran out of ideas, and decided to make stories from it.

EDIT: They actually 'cropped' away that TV in front of YUI, I'm really amazed.

マガイもの そうじゃないもの集めて
値段をつけてる
そんなんじゃ やっかいだ 困難だ
どうなんの?この先 ・・・教えてほしい
Collecting real things and fake ones
And then labeling them a price
That really is troublesome, and troubling
What now about the future? Please tell me


Being used to how famous Hong Kong tabloid is, the most we can do is let people know that it isn't true. But I was surprised by the reaction of certain fans.

- If I were YUI, sitting there for three hours, I'll fall asleep too.
- If YUI's ok with it, I don't see anything wrong about it.
- I bet she's tired.
- I'm not sure if it's true or not.


The first thing I did was rewatch that part again, instead of saying, "looks like she's sleeping" or things like that. Well, that's inevitable I guess. We tend to make judgment within a snap, who has the time to analyse everything anyway.

疑ってるんでしょ?ニセモノだ ホンモノだ
で、あなたはどうなの?
You must be doubtful, right? Fake or real?
Then, what do you think?


If you have 'observed' YUI long enough, we can make an assumption that she's an extremely well mannered, empathetic person. You will never see her acting sloppily when she's in any TV shows, she always sits super straight, doesn't even cross her legs in front of camera (unless she isn't aware of it). To prevent being misunderstood or offended someone in any way, she tends to avoid answering certain questions, or gives generic answers instead.


YUI, sitting super straight. I really should learn to sit properly =x

Do you think that she'll actually fall asleep in a LIVE and prestigious TV show like Music Station?? It is consider extremely rude to do so, especially in Japan.

言われっぱなしの毎日で 何処にも行けないや
週刊誌に撮られちゃいけないようなこともないし
Being told off everyday, I can't get anywhere
There are no such things that say that I can't be taken by papparazzi in magazines


What can we do about this? File a complaint through email? I tried once when Sin Chew Jit Poh mistaken YUI as ERIKA, no response.

That doesn't mean that I will stop trying. If you guys know emails of those who are responsible, I'll be glad to write them a complaint letter, in a civilised manner, of course. The least we can do is through our complaints, hopefully that in the future, they will report nice things about YUI. Instead of letting them do as they pleased, even though we cannot avoid this, because this tabloid thing has been there for ages.

EDIT (provided by CDS):

news@oriental.com.hk
news@the-sun.com.hk

Lets go ahead and blast them together lol. If you go overboard and stalk artists privately and provide us all these interesting facts, we can only say that you're breaching people's privacy (Flash Exciting magazine). But now you are making up stories which aren't true. What kind of story will you create next??

くらべたがるあの人にも伝えて
もうちょっと愛のある言葉で
Do tell the person who loves to compare.
With words that are filled with a little more love.


Spare some love, people. Because Love is all.

Hopefully YUI will Laugh away. If somehow she found out about this.

Special thanks to doobie @ JPS for the video, members @ YF for inspiring me, and depyon @ YL for the English translation of Love is all (with minor modifications from yours truly).

イマヤリタイコトガ イマヤレテマスカ?
もちろんそうです いつだってそうです
望んでる答えも見えるけど ah ah
Things that you really want to do now Are you able to continue doing them now?
Of course. As always, of course
I can even see the answer that I have been looking for ah ah


I'm glad to hear that. Keep doing your thing, love oneself.

PS: Trying to find the perfect time to listen I LOVED YESTERDAY from track one till track 13...

blog comments powered by Disqus