Sunday, March 30, 2008

I LOVED YESTERDAY - I will love you lyrics

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Misc Rants on March 27 YUI LOCKS:

I listened to this when I was commuting to work.

That Sapporo guy reminds me of Hata Motohiro. Me (and YUI) love his voice.

YUI x Hata Motohiro......nice collaboration?

Piano x Dreamatone x Drum version of CHE.R.RY was GREAT too!! 12 years old these days...*ashamed* Mari chan wants to join badminton club too when she enters secondary school. Every time I hear CHE.R.RY's intro, I'll get all 'goosebumps'. Superb cover!! Saikou~

Btw, Dreamatone is something like this. It is the name of a synthesizer by Kawai, with two keyboards. Hence YUI (and me) didn't know what Dreamatone is, just like when we talk about Telecasters and Stratocasters in front of non guitar players haha.

Japanese dialects are interesting, both Hakata and Hiroshima dialects. Good thing that I have learned a little bit of them this semester. Can understand abit.

In Jyuugyou ato no hitokoto, YUI said that she'll play three songs from new album I LOVED YESTERDAY in next week.

Let me guess...No way, Love is all, and OH YEAH??

Our present will be delayed for another week then. Maybe more than a week, because YUI has to promote her new album.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will love you

YUI: It's not I love you, but I will love you.

Listen it at YouTube.
Chords: tsunvun86
Chinese translation: triperさん
Romanji: Ibara no Umi
English translation: Teo aka atheon
(Special thanks to ah Mel and Fuji Apple for helping out)

Lyrics: YUI
Music: COZZi

Close the book that I have been reading
I received a call from you unexpectedly
Wanting you to take me out
Without thinking further I say Right after this

Nee come and pick me up

Even though you were smiling unenthusiastically
On the other side of phone
You answered. Didn't you?
When we started getting to know each other, even by just a bit
That kind of joy I'm feeling it
I will love you.

With T-shirt matching jeans
In my usual clothes Not even try to dress up
Looking at myself through the mirror
I'm sorry, do forgive me

Car horn sounds

Even though you were smiling unenthusiastically
From the car window You waved your hands toward me
When we started getting to know each other, even by just a bit
That kind of joy I'm feeling it
I will love you.

Every time love starts to take off
I always suffer from all these negative dreams
These feelings seem to go away
As the time quietly passes by

When our eyes met each other That serious look of yours
startled me even more than usual
Ah, is it my imagination?
When we started getting to know each other, even by just a bit
I'm feeling you
I will love you.

I LOVE YOU~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure you guys will love this song even more once you understand the lyrics. As the album director, Hishashi Kondo puts it:

Love is filled with things such as insecurities and missing out each other. The moment when we realised that we are in love.

This beginning of love
Which has never had before

Being able to be oneself as spontaneously as possible
Feeling the joy of oneself

We present you this affectionate and charming song.

In my opinion, the melody and arrangement of the song will decide whether you'll like it or not on the first listen. However, it's the lyrics which is gonna decide your love towards certain song. When I first hear I will love you, the arrangement caught me. I like it's soothing, relax-y combination of drums and guitars.

And then the lyrics, it is simple and straight forward. I don't really believe in love at first sight, falling in love should be something like what YUI described in this song. As you get to know that person bit by bit, your feelings toward that person will get stronger and you will start to think: Okay, I might love this person. You wanted to make yourself more presentable in front of that person but at the same time, you don't want to be too obvious. Hence, it is better to remain as it is, being yourself.

My friend once told me, if your impression towards certain person starts with 100% (aka perfect match), 100% can only go further down but not up, or worse, fluctuates lol. If certain person leaves you a bad impression (maybe 10%), as you know more about that person, the percentage will slowly go up at the same time. I think this is what I will love you is all about. Loving someone should be joyful, not suffer.

期望越大,失望越大。(Higher expectations, bigger disappointment).

Sometimes we should be more contented. Simplicity is the best. I love to play this song too, because it is not too difficult to sing along, haha.

Somehow I started to think that I LOVED YESTERDAY really will be the 'Greatest Third Album', like what YUI said confidently in almost every interview. We shall wait and see.

Oh I think I will like other 'love songs' xD


Finally, a live performance of Laugh away~ I LOVE Bokura no Ongaku~

blog comments powered by Disqus