Tuesday, June 03, 2008

half-banana Goes to Singapore - Day 1

This is my third time to Singapore (SG). The last time was 2 years ago, I went there alone with the purpose of buying Cowon iAudio X5L mp3 player at Sim Lim Square. My friend in SG became my tour guide.

This time, I went to Singapore with the aim of touching the holy grail and meeting SGYLs, and tour NUS, guitar stores. Since I'm practically meeting a bunch of strangers, I have to bring my brother along as some sort of a protection, coming from a traditional Chinese family and all. My father still doesn't know about this.

I stayed at some where near Khatib MRT station for 3 days.


I never had the chance to run around in such nice football field, which apparently almost every school in SG has one.

I was grateful enough to my uncle for providing us accommodation, hence I didn't want to trouble them further. I decided to trouble my friends instead. I asked one of my friend to buy me a SG sim card because international roaming fees are crazy. She was supposed to be the first person I meet in SG, but something happened and she couldn't come.

Mistake 1: Didn't use local line to make phone calls/sms. I'm using Maxis + SingTel. One sms RM 2, call from SG to MY RM 5/min, in the end RM 50 gone in just 3 days.

So to Little Prince, Yuee Leng, Mel, sorry for not replying promptly or contact you guys as soon as possible, I was trying to figure out how to save my remaining phone credit xD And, I dare not call 'strangers', so sms was my only choice.

Mistake 2: My bus (Transnasional, RM 30, from Pudu to SG) stopped at Woodlands, SG customs checkpoint. My uncle's house is at Khatib station, which is 4 stops away from Woodlands MRT, instead I followed our bus all the way to Lavender, which is 13 stops away.


My Singapore Map. I used this to guess which part of SG are from. Green, Purple or Red line?

However, because of our stupidity, we discovered Mr. Bean at Lavender MRT station. We didn't have small changes to buy tickets, so we bought one red bean pancake to get smaller notes.

In the end, we reached my uncle's house safely. Luckily I didn't have MOS Burger with my friend, as planned because my uncle has prepared us dinner.

No wonder people always say, look on the bright side. Travel must be fun, don't let those unforeseen circumstances ruin your mood. Luckily it is just Singapore, I definitely dare not wander around Thailand without a guide.

Special thanks to my younger brother for carrying my clothes and stuff, acted as my bodyguard and all. The advantage of having a travelling companion =D

blog comments powered by Disqus