Sunday, June 08, 2008

half-banana Goes to Singapore - Day 3

Note: This is the last part. I promise to write more YUI, less me in future posts.

Morning I met up with Jo to pass his 2 Marimokkoris. Thanks Jo for the extra $$ He said that he didn't join the SGYL outing because like me, he has human phobia too. Meeting people is fun so next time try it out ya.

My brother and I reached Clarke Quay station 30 minutes earlier, so we walked around The Central. So many Japanese restaurants, even Yakun is written in Katakana.


Weird Cloud. I wonder how much it costs to take the boat ride, looks fun.

When we returned back to meet up place, sonic87 was there. I had no idea who will be coming, except Danny and asuna. Plus, I was trying to "rescue" my remaining phone credits, I didn't call any of them. Lol.

Then Helixius, Danny, asuna, benzwong showed up. And ah Mel!!

Luckily she showed up. If not I'll punch myself so hard for not giving a proper good bye. Thank you.

First we had lunch in Ma Maison. Before I came to Singapore, I kinda did some extensive research on which Japanese restaurant I would like to go. I could only pick one because, still a student, cannot splurge too much. After showing like 5-6 restaurants to asuna through msn, we decided to try out Ma Maison.

Photobucket
Ben's Squid ink spaghetti, tastes like fried kuay tiaw. I didn't get the chance to hear Ben sings From Me to YUI live =(

I always wanted to try out Japan-ish western food, after watching shows like Dotch Cooking show and Takeuchi Yuko's Lunch Queen. It was worth RM 70++ I shall say. My biggest expenditure in this trip. I told everyone that I wanted to go SG because of The Great Singapore Sale, that was just an excuse to meet you guys xD I didn't really buy anything in this trip.


I chose Omurice because it has less meat lol (half-banana is half-vegetarian), and my brother's vegetarian spaghetti, which is not on the menu. More pictures here.

I love the omelette!! Most of their customers are Japanese, and they have quite a few Japanese staffs. That explains why we had to wait for around 15 minutes. Then Danny took out these:


Holy Grail unopened sealed in plastic "chest", plus bubble wraps, triple protection. On the left is Kaoru's watch.

Yes, I finally touched one of the 1000 copies It's happy line CDs in this world. Thanks Danny!! I'll try to get the "stuff" as promised for you.

After lunch, time for guitar stores tour~

Most of the guitar stores in SG are nearby, unlike Malaysia, where from one store to another, you have to drive at least 30 minutes, plus traffic jam, look for parking and all.

So many guitars!! So many picks!! Especially my fave Dunlop nylon. I always have trouble buying them in Malaysia. I didn't take any pictures because I didn't want to make others to slow down, if you get what I mean. Guitar sight-seeing was fun, if I can afford one...SG National Library looks like a fun place to visit too...

As everyone was kinda reserved, I didn't get the chance to see them showing off their guitar skills. Nebermind, next time.


Group photo is a must. From left: My brother, Teo, uchihamel, benzwong, the_chap, DJAffinity, Helixius, asuna

This time I did say good bye to everyone, properly. It was a memorable outing, thank you for showing up and brought us around. Sorry for not taking the initiative to get to know you guys more. Guess I'm better at stalking your blogs than talking face to face, I'll try to improve on this. Next time we should have "private" or "unofficial" outings, if really want to chat more haha.

Some ways I did to reduce the awkwardness is, besides stalking blogs, when meeting internet friends for the first time, must know how they look like, and try to chat with them in msn at least once. I'm gonna prepare a long list of questions to ask in future outings, as back up. Unless you are adventurous and outgoing type, having blind date/outings might be interesting.

On the next day, we took MRT to Kranji station, then from there, took bus to Larkin. It was quite interesting, hopping on and off buses, and passing customs, when there were not many people.

BUT, in Larkin station, I bought tickets from scalpers. I really should shut my ears the moment they approached me, or chase them away. I paid RM 30 for RM 20 ticket. If you're not in the hurry, please buy tickets at the counter, ask every counters if you have to. Don't ever listen to them (like me), even though they were telling you the tickets are all sold out. It feels shitty to be cheated, it's not about the money. Stupid me.

Luckily I recovered on our way back, even though the bus (Plusliner) was worse than Transnasional, the seat was small and the journey was super bumpy. Yea I was punished for being so naive, it was fun, realising my stupidity.

That wraps up my journey to Singapore. I feel like going again, still haven't visit NTU. When I went back home, I had this empty void, feeling all lonely, recalling back my short journey. That's why I appeared in msn quite often, trying to find someone to chat with, getting all sentimental and nostalgic lol.

Thank you for reading.

PS: The reason I ranted so long is because I enjoyed finding inside stories on others' blog posts about the outing. This is kinda dedicated to you guys out there.

blog comments powered by Disqus