Sunday, June 29, 2008

Kyoto High School Girls Know YUI's...

CHE.R.RY, Good-bye days and Rolling star.

This is my conclusion, after jamming with a bunch second year high school girls from Kyoto the other day.

The whole class with 40 students came to my university (I wonder why), and as Japanese major students, we were supposed to interact with them, exchanging cultures and stuff.


Cute high school outfit.

During the performance session, we decided to sing Tsuji Ayano's Kaze ni naru, yours truly played the guitar. I messed up a bunch of chords =.= I can never play this song without missing one or two chords.

Anyway, they liked it, I suppose. We even sang together during the sharing session. Most of the students recognised me as the person who played guitar a while ago (yay). Even though they are still high school students, their power point slides are way organised than mine. I wonder what sort of slides used in university level. Maybe I should take a course or something, learn how to make An Inconvenient Truth-ish slides lol.

Each Malaysian student was assigned to a group of students, someone named them sheep. My friend came later so I had to take care of two groups of sheep (6 + 4). All girls, no boys. Boys generally didn't talk much, I didn't talk to any of them, because I shy.

The fun begins. First we had lunch together. I was telling Haruka chan that eating papaya (Malaysian fruit) will become bigger, while making circles using my hands in front of my chest. She got all excited and told almost whole class about it. Shouting from one end to another. It was hilarious.

After that we had 3 hours sharing session, which means free time. First we walked around nearby campus, the girls were fascinated by our traffic lights, which looks something like this. They kept on taking pictures while saying "sugoi, sugoi~" That cracked me up, realising how I take things such as traffic lights for granted, all these years.

After exposing ourselves under hot sun for 30 minutes, I surrendered and we went back to the gathering point. We didn't know what to do, hence we played Catching ghosts and Fruits Basket. I'm too old for this so I decided to sit aside and observe after a few rounds.

When everyone was tired from running around (Fruit Basket), I brought out my guitar and gave to Nozomi chan. She's a YUI fan (yay), she started to play random YUI songs. She told me that she has 4 guitars, two of them are Yamahas (yay). Among the girls there's this girl called Yui, she played bass version of Sen no Kaze ni Natte using my guitar. Kakkoi!!

I told the girls I could only play YUI songs, which is partially true. We sang CHE.R.RY, Rolling star and Good-bye days together. That was the first time I jammed songs with Japanese. A bunch of cute girls xD They increased their volume every they sing the chorus of rolling star, because they only know that part lol, other parts they just hummed.

It was a fun day, I get to practise my Japanese because I've been slacking for the past few weeks. Wish that I at least took the initiative and talk with one or two boys, haih.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days later, something really weird happened. After finished my part time, I wandered around KLCC, and I bumped into my first batch of sheep (Haruka's group). Haruka was saying '会っちゃった' lol. Everyone was surprised. I get to see them wearing cute normal clothes. Of course, I took pictures with them as evidence.

On my way back to Kajang, I bumped into my other group (Nozomi's group) at KL Sentral. 40 students, I bumped into 10 of them, all from my group. No more, no less.

OMG what is going on??? The Law of Attraction??

PS: I'm leaving to Singapore at 7.30 am.

blog comments powered by Disqus