Saturday, May 23, 2009

Messing Up Last Train

Album: Rie fu - URBAN ROMANTIC

Yes I messed up Last Train even though it was the second YUI I learned 2+ years ago.


I discovered this music club thanks to Nahoko, and big thanks to Dennis for introducing her to me. We were wearing RADWIMPS tour T-shirt.

Are you guys still practising your YUI covers?? I have received support from two mods in YL so the official thread for YL 3 will be created on upcoming Monday, I wanted to give you guys something more special this time around. I know, YUI's new single again will be released in two weeks time, really sorry for the long delay.

Don't stop practising!! (I'm referring to myself)

As a warm up YL collaboration 3, here I present our version of Last Train: MediaFire (That's how YUI play the acoustic version in YUI Radio 5, if I didn't mess up the strumming)

I have to apologise for messing up the lyrics, stopped half-way, and not being able to hold Bm chord firmly. Blame my Telecaster for having a thin neck =x Only during the bridge part I finally got used to that Seagull acoustic guitar, same thing happened previously when I performed with Marina as well. Buy a new acoustic?? Haha.

If you guys are wondering how good the Japanese students in the music club are, this YUKI cover is one of them. My jaw literally dropped when I saw the real performance last week.

This is the original song: YUKI - JOY

*Embarrassed* Okay I shall not comparing myself with others, I'm well aware of my guitar skills, not planning to be Ecchan or Yuu san anyway. My job is to drag as many YLs to join this thing =D

Somehow writing this post makes me all fired up. I shouldn't waste any available opportunity to jam with Japanese students here. You guys too, we have a lot of talented artists in YL forum, lets show to YUI and the Japanese how united we are ;)



Borrowed this bass from my dorm mate the other day and tried to mess around with it. Had problem following the tempo, but it was interesting though I can sense that my time is running out >.< Maybe I should put aside my low carb/diet venture?


Try to spot as many processed food as possible in Teo's fridge haha.

I have been spending a lot of time and money buying groceries and cooking, but so far the process has been very enjoyable. It is fun to know the names of those vegetables, spices and stuff, though I still have a lot to learn. Today I tried to make chicken stock from scratch by following this video, it turned out to be some sort of chicken soup, I can just drink it like that lol. That taste reminds of something my mom always make.

Never knew that cooking can be so fun, I used to loathe it, ALOT. There are just so many possibilities in the culinary world, being raised in a multi ethnic country, now surrounded by Japanese cuisine, and the internet is filled with western recipes, it took me quite a while to differentiate between green onion, leek, chives, scallions, as well as spices such as turmeric, bay leaves, paprika, thymes, bla bla bla.

Hmm, I am really a jack of all trades, master of none.

blog comments powered by Disqus