Saturday, October 20, 2007

About Me

I like to read detailed profiles, so I shall write long long too.


(Taken by Emily Lin)

Half-banana is me, me is a half-banana. A banana means someone with yellow skin (Chinese) outside, but inside is white. Which means this person is heavily influenced by western culture or cannot speak Chinese. A half-banana? I interpret it as: Yellow skin, people think that you're English educated.

Enough with these stereotypic stuff. I can speak Chinese, English, Malay, Japanese and dialects such Hokkien, Cantonese, and a little bit of hakka. That makes me a half-banana. Lol. Doesn't mean that I can speak 'fluently' though. Good enough to cheat around.

My family name is Teo, I was born in 3 August 1987, and I'm a YUI-stalker. Currently studying in Faculty of Languages and Linguistics, University of Malaya, and major in Japanese. Why I take this course? Because my STPM's CGPA was not good enough for me to take bio-engineering, plus I always wanted to learn Japanese language (been a Japan freak since 14), might as well study something I like. Which became one of the biggest turning point in my life so far. What job can you do with this?? There are some many wonderful things in this life, why should I restrict myself in one particular job? Who says that if you study medical, you should be a doctor? Our former prime minister Tun Dr. Mahathir is a very good example. It's true that I will not be a professional, what matters most is you know what you are doing and you are enjoying it. I chose this and I shall be responsible in every outcome.

I stay in Kajang or sometimes Kelana Jaya. Feel free to come and stalk me around in these areas.

I love to read. Especially on non-fictional stuff, let it be Self-Improvement, Live Hacks, General Knowledge, and of course personal finance =P Recommended reads: The World is Flat, Rich Dad Poor Dad, Dale Carnegie, Haruki Murakami. Chinese books I mostly read fictional ones, 金庸, 九把刀. Recently I feel like reading philosophical stuff, Confucius, Socrates, Aristotle...or maybe classics such as Shakespeare, and try to read Japanese novels...someday. My LibraryThing reading list.

I can play a tiny little bit of guitar, mostly songs by dear YUI. I felt that I started to appreciate music more ever since I learned guitar on January 2006. Female guitarists besides dear YUI me like GO!GO!7188's Yuu, Chatmonchy's Eriko and KT Tunstall.


(My Yamaha acoustic and classical, next will be Red Telecaster, hopefully)

Artists who I can listen to their albums from the beginning till the end (at the moment):

Japanese: YUI, Yaida Hitomi, Shiina Ringo, Utada Hikaru, Onitsuka Chihiro, Base Ball Bear, Chatmonchy, GO!GO!7188, Jinn, RADWIMPS, Remioromen.

English: John Mayer, KT Tunstall, Sarah Mclachlan, Keane, Lifehouse, Snow Patrol, The Corrs.

Chinese: Penny Tai

I used to watch a lot of drama shows, after discovered the benefits of reading and YUI-ing, TV is not a necessity to me any more. You can practically get all the stuff you want through internet *coughs* My Japanese drama list is pretty much dormant these days, I wonder if I can keep up with the new season of American dramas...

Btw How to save my life was inspired by The Fray. Now modified to sound more like a YUI fanblog. Find out How I encounter YUI, if you're interested.

Lastly, I have a pizza face as bumpy as the moon surface, once I can overcome my low self esteem, I will reveal my true identity.

If you believe in the inside surpasses outside theory, contact me.

Normally I will reply in a very nice way if I received nicely written mails.

Checkout my frienster blog if you wanna see how lousy my Japanese is.

blog comments powered by Disqus