Sunday, October 14, 2007

What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Album: Mêlée - Devils & Angels (watch this, nice song)

If you guys like this movie corner, I will introduce more movies dear YUI mentioned, but I have to watch it first haha. You guys have to know where to get these movies though =P



Dear YUI picked this movie as her favourite in some Nude program before (as shown above). Finally I found it and finished 2 days ago.



Yes it's with Japanese subs (another way to learn Japanese). YUI's comment on this movie a bit 'deep' as usual, me just briefly summarise it:

This is a story about the daily lives from a guy's point of view, whom lives with his family in a one small town. Of course there are certain unique parts as well. And conflicts between family members, we don't really see it as outsider. Because of that, compared with the tedious life you felt, from others' perspective, it can be very meaningful. I like the fact that besides evolving around really simple daily lives, this movie has its real significance at the same time.

This is not brief summary =.= Rough translation.

Johnny Depp looked charming as ever, and Leonardo DiCaprio surprised me the most!! Till now I still cannot believe that that Arnie (little brother) was acted by him. Unbelievable!! 素晴らしい~!



Different messages can be interpreted in this movie. What I 'discovered' were 'taking initiative to try out new things', and 'accept reality'. We cannot stay in our comfort zone forever, or protect ourselves from bad things happen to us. We will never experience the joy of living, nor understand why people enjoy certain things so much if we always be the pessimist.

Maybe I should try dancing LOL. I went to dance studio for the first time yesterday, it was a new experience (I did not step in the floor). Just like dear YUI said in Bokura no Ongaku that she went to watch pro wrestling recently, yet another interesting experience xD

And drinking sake when she turned 20 =.= That one better don't try too much.

Till then.

blog comments powered by Disqus