Thursday, November 22, 2007

Review: Thank you My teens DVD

This is a biased review. Click on the pictures to have a closer look at it.

Received my copy of DVD yesterday, together with LOVE&TRUTH (after 2 months).



As expected for a less than 3000 yen DVD, it is just some normal DVD case with a 2-page booklet, and sticker. There are Hong Kong and Taiwan version too, which is 50% cheaper (if I'm not mistaken), with sticker included, if you're on a tight budget, can consider buying these two versions.

According to YUI staff, in order to trigger the additional sound channel, after finished this DVD for the first time, go to the menu and click on the yellow YUI word.



The video will be replayed again, along with commentaries between dear YUI and Shigezou san, like what we always hear in YUI Radio. Apparently when this commentary was recorded, YUI was watching this DVD for the very first time. So it is kinda interesting, being able to hear comments from YUI on first hand.

Because of this, I watched twice back to back (55 minutes x 2).

I'm not particularly excited with the live performances, since we have seen most of it quite a number of times previously in different occasions, except Happy Birthday to you you and RUIDO.


I really like YUI's expression in Happy Birthday, very...yasashii (gentle), and the way she swings around during chorus was cute. As for RUIDO, notice the high jump by Kaji san in the beginning?

Since I don't expect much from this DVD, when I first watched it, I just didn't feel any special about it. Except the tour documentaries, these scenes showed the 'off' side of YUI, something we rarely have the chance to see.


*PINK*

As for the live performances, CHE.R.RY, Highway chance sounds really good to me, I'm going to watch for the third time with earphones on (emphasize on the sound). However YUI shouting + shaking heads + kneeled down seems awkward to me. Well as long as she likes doing so, I shall be fine with it ^^


*Rawrrrr*

But, after hearing her explanation (commentary), I can understand why she's so into it. She said that during those moments she was too absorbed into music and just let everything out. I think with this additional commentary, it is actually worth the money, because you are technically watching this with dear YUI. They really know how to please a fan, besides 'sucking' my money xD

Things she will do on tour:



Find the best seat and try to 'feel' what it is like to be the audience. And bring out YUI note during MCs. Btw, she didn't really have to look a it, just that by holding YUI note it will make her calm down. She wrote all sorts of stuff in her note, such as local food, the dialects etc.

Extras:


She wore this outfit only during Sapporo's live.

 
Wah she carries her own luggage =D Is that keyboard? Or pedal board...Lol she still has that green or blue evil thing on her backpack. CUTE.

Lastly, when they showed these,



YUI's response was really sincere. She replied to almost every comment given by her fans. *touched* She said a bunch of other stuff too but I cannot recall it =x

Credits to MellowB @ Jpopsuki for rip + up this DVD =D

I don't think Sony dare to release future Budokan DVD with this style, they better don't...

Till then.

Related posts:


blog comments powered by Disqus