Sunday, March 23, 2008

half-banana Goes to Bangkok and Meet Thai YUI fans

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Misc YUI Facts:

YUI gave 29 Dunlop Tortex guitar picks to a listener in March 20 YUI LOCKS.

Actually she gave away 100 picks to 6 fans, as a way of showing her appreciation to fans who have left comments and suggestions in message board.

Twenty nine picks?! I've been using the same grey Dunlop Nylon 0.60 pick for the past few months, YUI sensei (or anyone), please spare me some........

Next week, one song from YUI's upcoming album, I LOVED YESTERDAY will be aired, don't miss it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heart PINK taxis.



Last week I went to Bangkok to participate in a language conference, and presented a paper I wrote in my research paper class last year.

Besides YL Forum, we have Brazil, Hong Kong, France, Philippine YUI fans forums. And of course, YUI Thailand Fan Club. Since I never been to Thailand, plus I only know a few Thai words, the best way to ask for assistance is from local people.

So where can I find Thais to help me out?? Inspired by YLs outings from all over the world, I was thinking, why not meet up with Thai YUI fans as well?

Hence I joined YUI Thailand Fan Club and posted a few questions on my trip and I was really surprised that I received warm welcome by the members, especially artunee and kun_cheero. This is how we 'met'.

Frankly, when I first reached Bangkok, I was overwhelmed by the foreign-ness. I cannot speak Thai language, I was damn worried about my first ever conference presentation, waiting for my friends in a foreign airport in the middle of night, unable to make calls, every thing was so, out of place. At first, I didn't even dare to talk with anyone. Mostly because of my own fault because I didn't do any proper research before coming here, you know, busy with schools, worrying, YUI-ing and a bunch of other stuff. I let my other friend to do the planning.

Thanks to these local YUI fans, I didn't have to worry much and let them do all the talking lol. Thai people are REALLY nice, especially Thai YUI fans, of course. Thank you for treating me and my friends Tom Yam Kung, Green Curry and Mango Sticky rice xD


For the very first time, Teo appeared in half-banana dot com. I have a super sensitive skin. It's not because that I was surrounded by so many guys (Ton, Kun, Palm, and Art).

To Fuji Apple: Now I know why you said my Wu~wang is cacat (distorted), that's neither wu nor wang. I was the one who explained the Wu~wang phenomenon, yet failed to demonstrate the proper 'wu' or 'wang'. OMG.

YUI様、申し訳ございません…orz
(YUI my lady, I'm terribly sorry about this *bows down*)

I even received three YUI T-shirts from them, I will iron them nicely soon...


Thank you Bossa for designing such nice shirts and Ton for Taiyou no Uta flyers ^_^ The movie was shown in Thailand too, why no Malaysia??

To Palm: Thank you for the CD. And driving us back in your nice car. Hows 20th Century Boys, is it nice?

To artunee, who is going to watch YUI 3rd tour: 本当に、本当にありがとうございます。ご馳走になっており、しかも色々なところへ連れていただいて、この二日間、本当にお世話になりました。

All I can say is thank you for the warm hospitality I received during my trip in Bangkok. I really, really appreciate it. Hope to meet you guys again someday, bring me to eat street food with weird names next time~ Do come to Malaysia if you guys have the time =D

Special thanks to Annie Lau for getting the cheap and fine hostel and letting me know where to buy that...stuff.


Next stop, Singapore. I request super grand guitar session!! And NUS, NTU, Guitar Stores tour, meet up with XiaXue, Laozhabo LOL.


PS: Even though nowadays I let others to stalk YUI infos and downloads, that doesn't mean that my stalking skills has gone rusty. I have 'discovered' a couple of English YUI related blogs. So far, I like yupeh or Rob's Arbitrary Essentials. It is frequent updated and full with lots of hidden stuff waiting to be discovered. Plus, he is a YUI stalker too.

Just that, I'm not a fan of LiveJournal *Runs Away* I felt as if I'm isolated from this community because I don't have a LJ account.


PPS: I'm officially JLPT Level 2 now. Time to edit my ROCKIN' ON JAPAN posts.


April 2008 B-Pass has Namidairo Chords. I'm going to do questions in that Japanese workbook for the next 40 days, for fun O_O

The translation of ROCKIN' ON is still ongoing, I repeat: I will do the translation, I started it so I will finish it, hopefully that day when I finish this will come, soon, lol.

blog comments powered by Disqus