Sunday, March 02, 2008

YUI in Music Station - Namidairo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Misc Updates:

YUI-Lover Collaboration 2 is out!! We are going to send this to YUI for sure. I will make dear YUI mention my name again LOL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess how many times YUI had performed in MS? Including Special episodes.


Wuu~Wang!!

This episode of Music Station is fun.

Opening talk (modified from depyon's translation in YL):


Finally YUI has reached the status of being in the middle, besides Tamori and Mariko san, instead of standing at the corner.

Tamori: YUI chan, Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu.
YUI: Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu.
Mariko: YUI will be presenting to us her new single for the first time, which is also featured as the theme song of a TV drama, Namidairo. Last month, she got a break, and went back to her hometown, Fukuoka.
Tamori: How long were you back?
YUI: About 4 days.
Tamori: So where did you go?
YUI: I went to pay homage.....
Tamori: Pay homage?!
YUI: And went to eat tonkotsu ramen, at the shops that I used to visit.
Tamori: Which shrine did you visit?
YUI: Miyajidake..
Tamori: Miyajidake!? That's so nostalgic! I haven't heard about it for a few ten years!

Btw Teshima Aoi is from Fukuoka as well. Her voice is really beautiful. Gedo Senki puts me to sleep, even though hottie Okada Junichi is the main voice actor.


I kinda know why she is smiling. Because she made the mic work. Dreams Come True's new single cover pwns.

The oppappi guy is getting more and more famous lol. In Music Topics they have this Top 5 songs will go around you head when you pass/fail university entrance exam.

Pass:
1. Arashi - Sakurasake
2. mihimaru GT - Kibun Jyoujyou ↑↑
3. V6 - HONEY BEAT
4. Ulfuls - BANZAI ~suki de yokatta~
5. Ikimonogakari - Hana wa Sakura Kimi wa Utsukushii

Fail:
1. Zard - Makenai de T.T
2. DREAMS COME TRUE - Nando demo (that's true)
3. Aoyama Thelma feat. SoulJa - Soba ni Iru ne (SoulJa has a sexy voice)
4. Mr. Children - Owarinaki Tabi (I LOVE this song)
5. TOKIO - Honjitsu, Mijukumono (today I'm a novice LOL)

If I failed my Level 2 Japanese Language Proficiency Test, I will listen to Laugh away. Never mind, never mind....T.T

It is such a fun song to play along.

YUI's turn (translated by depyon @ YL, thanks!!).

Tamori: Next up is YUI and Kato Miliyah.
Mariko: We heard that YUI has a special way of refreshing herself when doing recording in studio.
YUI: I often spend lots of time in studio, and seldom get to go out. So I sit back deep into my chair, and imagine that I'm in an onsen.
Mariko: Just your imagination, right?
YUI: Yes, imagine that I'm in an onsen, and relax.
Tamori: Like this, right?
YUI: Yes.


Imagine you are in onsen......

Performance time~ As usual, the instrument parts are not live, and the drummer is a girl.


Martin baby~

A very solid performance, a lot of constipated look as well. Love it. Hopefully YUI will do an acoustic performance. Speaking of Namidairo, here are some interviews regarding this single (with translations by depyon @ YL).

Interview on excite music
Interview on WHAT's IN? WEB
YUI Special Interview, at Oricon Site and Pakila
YUI Diary Updates, Oricon style, Deview, etc., from Odilon Redon's Blog

Basically I just copy and paste lol. I always look forward to know YUI's explanations on her songs, as she said, everything about YUI is in her songs.

YUI interacted with some of the artists too, Kato Miliyah and Chatmonchy.


Left: Kato Miliyah is 'approaching' dear YUI and immediately YUI moved closer to her xD.
Right: Chatmonchy's bassist is showing YUI something.


Hira Hira Hiraku Himitsu no Tobira ROCKS!! Chatmonchy said that even though they are the one who made this song, there were several times they fell like skipping this song in their concerts because it is too fast paced and the lyrics is long. Playing this song is just like running a marathon lol. That's why me love Chatmonchy, I feel like learning bass now xD

Eriko san was using another Telecaster..how many Teles she actually has?? Three?

Lets go back to original question. How many times YUI had performed in MS.
Answer: Grand total of 10 times.

1. feel my soul
2. LIFE
3. Good-bye days
4. Good-bye days (MSSL)
5. Rolling star
6. CHE.R.RY (Live band)
7. My Generation
8. LOVE & TRUTH
9. CHE.R.RY (MSSL)
10. Namidairo

As I was watching last week's Music Station, Mariko san said that the lyrics shown in Shimizu Shota's HOME performance was handwritten by him. HOME is a very nice song, Shimizu Shota has an interesting background too.

Then it struck me, which means, the lyrics in feel my soul performance was YUI's handwriting?!


I feel my soul, take me away~ Oh Yamaha~

I only realised this after 2 years.

PS: Marimokkori is still under experiment, sorry with lack of updates.

blog comments powered by Disqus