Friday, October 10, 2008

YUI Reads: Giniro Natsuo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Misc YUI Rants:

Yesterday I wanted to record I'll be but I didn't expect that SOL will air the song right after the show starts =.=

I was watching DBSK in YouTube. Aiks. Hotness XD

Luckily lamevil recorded it. Thanks~ =D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My first ever Haagen-Dazs~

I don't know which Japanese book to read, so I borrowed books that YUI recommended from university library.

YUI mentioned this book by Giniro Natsuo (銀色 夏生), Mitaka kun to Watashi (ミタカくんと私) in DAVINCI magazine, according to YUI Summary. YUI once said that she doesn't really have preference on which genre to read, sometimes her picks are based on illustrations on book covers.

After reading Mitaka kun to Watashi, I think I know why she picked this book. The cover was drawn by Giniro san himself, there are cute illustrations inside this novel as well, on particular scenes.

These illustrations are good for those who have so-so Japanese reading skill like me, and make it an easy read.

Basically this book is about the daily lives of this high school girl called Namiko, between her family and her neighbour, Mitaka kun. It kinda reminds me of my high school days, the time when we could just sit at home all day doing nothing and got all bored, having no idea our future would be, having no goals, and no targets besides getting good grades.

Nothing much happened in this book, actually. But I kinda like it. There is a sequel, which YUI introduced in B-PASS. Hyoutan kara Sora (ひょうたんから空). This sequel is about the family planting gourds together haha. Of all the fruits/plants, GOURD.


I bought Namidairo and LOVE & TRUTH normal edition from Amazon Marketplace for 1 yen each. They are rental CDs though (Shipping is 340 yen each). I can say that I have them, technically.

Anyway it is kinda interesting, when the writer describing the process, how smelly gourds can be and stuff.

Back then when I was reading Japanese books or watching Japanese dramas, I could just imagine how is it like being in Japan, having four season, riding the trains and what not. Now I'm glad that I'm able to experience them, including the bad ones. For example when YUI asking her fans to take care of themselves because it is getting cold, I could feel that she was referring to me as well, because it is getting cold here ><

The scenes in J-dramas couldn't get any more real, narrow roads, small houses, small cars, the buildings...

I can experience all that, thanks to my lecturers, my family, and most important, my scholarship provider =D

If you are looking for Japanese novels which is not so difficult to read, this can be a good one.

For now on I'm gonna spend more time in Waseda University's library, to sleep haha. If I stay in my room, I'm gonna sleep longer so it is better to stay outside.

blog comments powered by Disqus