Friday, February 16, 2007

CHE.R.RY PV

EDIT: YUI's official website has changed to CHE.R.RY theme~ Woot x6 multiply!!! Loving the green-ish nature theme now =D Doesn't suit the 'chinese new year' mood though haha.



I still remember the day when all of us forum members trying to get this PV as fast as possible lol. It was fun, seeing torrent -> screencaps -> mirrors -> youtubed within a few hours. Here is the latest PV from dear YUI, CHE.R.RY, which will be released on 7 of March.



Before that, why put dots in the middle of the title??? From this radio program report by a fan, dear YUI explained that from the title, it kinda showed the bitter sweetness of the cherry itself (in love), the dots represented the unrequited, one-sided love (My own understanding: not connected together the word, hence one-sided). Plus she said that it became more kawaii, with the dots representing the cherries 'popping' out.....(ok I have no idea what am I trying to explain now....)

Then we have soft-subbed version too =D Thanks to s0l1dsn8k3 @ YUI Lover. With reference from fantasii-lyrics and a couple of rearrangements by himself.



Was happy that he actually took one line of my translated version LOL. Nyahahahhah.....still have long way to go though -_-"""



Credits, wee~ got my name LOL. Glad at least I can contribute something, learned a lot from it as well. It's been a fun process =)



Back to the pv, too lazy to capture caps, just go download it at leeching corner haha. It's fun to read comments from different people around the world. While generally for the Japanese, as usual, only said good things about this song, lets see people from Chinese and English forums have to say:

English Forum:
Happy YUI = Happy me
Poppy
CUTE, smiles a lot
Different from previous
kinda disappointed

Chinese forum:
Chubby,变肥了,下巴不见了 (dear YUI likes food)
Colorful
Cute, 可爱~
Fairy tale-ish
Filled with happiness

Didn't mean anything anyway, just my observation. Always having fun reading comments about things that I like, regardless good or bad, as long as it is constructive. As for me, the more I watch it the more I like it. At first I thought this pv was just normal poppy-girly pv, nothing much happened, as if lack of something, something is not right....

No YUI trademark 'constipated' look.

YUI just mimicked lyrics and didn't really sing it out. My pickyness came out again. But then if she sings this song in twisted weird looking face, might lost it's sweet, happiness meaning in the lyrics lol. It's good to have a change from time to time, been hearing a lot of people missing the old YUI. As a self-claimed 'older' fan, as long as she is still the same shy, thoughtful, hardworking YUI, I will still continue inspired by her. One of the biggest reason I adore her so much. Alot of other singers can sing hella lot better than her, prettier than her, it's her personality that shines out among others. The more I read or watch her interviews, the more I respect her as an artist. You might say that the real YUI might be a b!tch, you don't really know unless you met her in person. If that's the case gotta applaud her for putting up such a 'great acting' in front of the media.

As for the spamming thing, I suppose it went quite well haha, seeing all those messages from fellow forum mates in YUI's message board were one of the best a single person can receive during Valentine's day LOL. Here's mine:



Realised that there's another better way to write it after posted it....aiks. Some even spammed more than 5 times, hopefully dear YUI won't get annoyed when she read it =X

Thought of changing my template to red since Chinese New Year coming.....bought myself a red T-shirt too yesterday at Mid Valley haha....had some unexpected encounters as well....

Till then, au revior~

blog comments powered by Disqus