Monday, May 07, 2007

‘chili-chili-out-chil-chili-out kiddy yo'

Album: mihimaru GT - THE BEST of mihimaru GT



Understand
PV is out. It is the theme song of Takeuchi Yuko's latest movie, saidokaa ni inu.

Official Website

I don't know whether if it's a coincidence or not, the character name of the little girl in the movie is....Kondo Kaoru xD

Gonna learn how to pluck this song =D If this song is sung by other artists, I'll skip the PV right away, not really a fan of slow ballad-ish song. But since it's something from YUI, the more I listen to it the more I like it actually. Especially the bridge part. Notice the thin strap she used in the PV?? xD

Some nice people did the timing for the Ontama thing and posted up on YouTube.

YUI no Ontama 26/03/2007
Original Post

I'm kinda surprise that NO ONE (including myself) realised that I made a HUGE mistake on the translation T.T maybe I was high on that day, didn't notice it =.= To cicerone, thank you for hard subbing it and to the YUI fans out there, again, I apologise for making such mistake. No wonder they say that you yourself is the worst judge, can't help but kept trying to look for mistakes in that 1 min long clip lol. I shall stop procrastinating and start working on the rest.

Anyway, it's been a long time since I last write a dorama entry. Having holiday now, spending most of the time 'clearing up' the dramas in my hard disc. This season I've picked 4 doramas to watch. Due to the Golden Week thingy, the ratings are pretty much sucked.

Japanese Drama Season - Spring 2007

As usual, I will arrange them from the one I like the most (so far) to my least favourite.

Bambino!




I like dramas with food as the main theme. I still manage to finish Teppan Shoujo Akane even though it was cheesy to the max. Ok not really, not because of the food actually, it's the person who makes the food (Horikita Maki LOL). In Bambino! we have Karina =D the girl with blue cap. She just won best supporting actress for her role in Boku no Aruku Michi. So nice to look at LOL.

Forget about the 'visual effects'. In this drama Matsumoto Jun is some kampung boy from Hakata(博多), Fukuoka. Why they have to put Arashi's song as the theme song anyway?? Was hoping that they'll pick a more 'artistic' song.

You know dear YUI is from Fukuoka, and she IS from Hakata too. When Matsujun speaks with her girlfriend in the drama, they used Hakata dialect. Thanks to YUI, I learned some of it through the interviews and managed to apply it to this drama haha. It seems that the translators know Italian too, they can even translate those Italian dishes :O *salutes* I shall ask my Italian major course mates to listen to the Japanese-ish Italian. See if they pronounced it correct or not xD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joudan ja nai



Ueno Juri won best actress for Nodame Cantabile, which was my favourite drama of last year's fall season drama. Again I don't like the theme song of this xD The plot should be quite ridiculous but I like it lol. It's funny yet not cheesy, thanks to the great acting by the cast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal Daisakusen



Not really into these one episode one senario thing, for jdramas. Plus the stupid catchphrase and the chanting part everytime the 'cupid' appears are kinda annoying. Well since it's a drama feat Nagasawa Masami and Yamashita Tomohisa, should be 'visually' stunning enough haha, even though it seems that YamaP is still playing himself in the drama. His character reminds me of Densha Otoko (who's 'fighting' alone), but I think he is even worse than Densha =.=

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seito Shokun!



Ironically YUI sang the theme song for this drama lol. The good thing is you can listen to My Generation orchestra and guitar plucking version, must get the soundtrack =D The whole 'ugly history' was too normal(?) for me, watched too many school dramas I guess. As usual Horikita Maki is nice to look at, but I'm kinda worry that Nobuta wo Produce will stuck as so called her best work. Even though she got Best Supporting actress for Kurosagi (which I thought her acting was just meh).

Guess what sort of 'relationship' dear YUI has with 2 of the main cast in the drama, Horikita Maki and Hongo Kanata. YUI and Maki chan are the regular hosts in SCHOOL OF LOCK! radio program. I only have the access of YUI LOCKS!, thanks to the nice fans out there. YUI mentioned Maki chan's name from time to time (for anouncement purposes). Maki chan is one of the teacher of GIRLS LOCKS!, which features 6 bijin sensei (beautiful teachers). I wanna be their students too LOL (even though I'm older than some of them >.< ).

Slightly off topic here, might as well talk about YUI's 'relationship' with Narumi Riko. Yes, the b!thcy but thoughtful sister in 1 Litre of Tears. She is one of the bijin sensei in GIRLS LOCKS! too. Long story but I'll cut it short, since last week dear YUI has been paying 'visits' to other classes in the school of lock, after hosting the show like more than 6 months. Which btw I think these paying visits thing was initiated by RADWIMPS aka Raddo sensei. YUI heard that Riko chan likes her first album a lot, so she sent Riko chan a package with CAN'T BUY MY LOVE cd and a message from her in it.



「璃子ちゃん、(ファースト) アルバム聴いてくれてありがとうございます。セカンド・アルバムも良かったら聴いてください。それから明日は、いよいよ演劇部の春ドラマの発表ですね。あの…私の曲を、良かったらテーマ曲に使ってください! YUIでした!!」

(SOURCE: GIRLS LOCKS! website)


Too bad I can't hear it T.T Can only rely on the 'text version' >.< Glad that YUI is getting more 'open' to other artists now. Good sign. Lets see if she will have any interactions with the guests in the future apperance in Music Station.

Back to Hongo Kanata. Apparently this kid has YUI's mobile phone number :O He said in some magazine that sometimes he mails dear YUI (as said by some Japanese fan). Ish, I'm jealous. In case you don't know, he is the kid in Tommorow's way PV, which is the theme song of the movie Hinokio. He's in it as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched abit of Watashitachi no Kyokasho too, but I think one school drama already enough. So...quit lol. As for previous season, I finished Haken no Hinkaku and Hanadan. Still watching Karei-naru Ichizoku (some twisted drama *tsk *tsk). My short reviews are here. Note that I joined the website like 4 years ago, my English was really sucked back then. Now 'slightly' better. *ahem* Slightly.

Till then, au revior.

blog comments powered by Disqus